Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2006, 06:06 AM   #1
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone try Bamboo dipes?

I remember all the talk about them but it seemed to die down... I have never tried one... have you?

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2006, 07:05 AM   #2
luckyduckies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone try Bamboo dipes?

I have & I found they take a long time to dry & they didnt seem any more absorbant than a prefold
luckyduckies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:09 AM   #3
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a couple of bamboozles that I like. They dry as quickly as any of my diapers and they are very absorbent for me. For overnight, they work awesome with two hemp (2 layer) washcloths as doublers.
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:11 AM   #4
hockeymom6201
Registered Users
seller

mmm hhmm !! On ebay there is a mama (beakerbuns) I believe I have a flannel fitted from her with the bamboo in them and it works great esp for her price , I feel they are comparable to kissaluvs fitteds but more cute and less expensive !!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

I am curious about how they work. If people seem to really like them, I may start offering some in my diapers!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:23 AM   #6
hockeymom6201
Registered Users
seller

"I am curious about how they work. If people seem to really like them, I may start offering some in my diapers!"
I'll be a tester for ya !!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:35 AM   #7
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

I have one that I really like. It is super trim and considering that trimness, it is quite absorbant. I would love one of "night" thickness, as I think it would be wonderfully absorbant in a thick dipe! But even the person I got it from I haven't seen offer anymore Bamboo dipes
Jemgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #8
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

It totally depends on the blend of the fabric. Unlike hemp not all bamboos are the same. I have seen so many blends. I think the issue with it is since its so new on the market there is no "industry standard" yet. I have even had 2 types of bamboo myself. I had an 80% bamboo/20% polyester blend (this is what I tested bamboo with, made several diapers for my DD and loved them) and now I have 100% bamboo. But the higher polyester % you go that means the less bamboo is there and we all know that 100% poly doesnt absorb a thing. I have also see people offer bamboo/cotton blends. I have also seen people complain that they are about as absorbent as cotton. Which makes sense...I think mixing bamboo with cotton kind of defeats the purpose of the bamboo.

Bamboo is SUPER trim. When testing it out with my DD I put 4 layers in her AIOs and I remember one day I just wanted to see how long it would last...it amazed me....She could have just not wet that much that day...but lets just say I decided she needed a new diaper before the diaper ran out of absorbency(that was the 80/20). The bamboo that I have now is 100% bamboo and its about half as thin as hemp and just as absorbent. I have a WAHM friend who when she made her bamboo diapers she just did what she normally does in hemp with the bamboo and the diaper was just as absorbent as her hemp diapers (which are REALLY absorbent) but half as thick! (maybe even 1/3 as thick)

I really think bamboo, right now, is as close to a sposie as you can get(as far as how trim it is) Imagine your trimmest best fitting diaper, and imagine it half as thick! Doesnt it make you want to drool?

I have also had no issues with drying time.

The only "thing" with bamboo is it costs more than hemp does. Thats why it comes with a higher price tag. I have seen a few people offering the diapers for really really cheap (not even sure how they can pay for materials at the price they are charging) If the price seems SUPER cheap, I would stay away. Of course that is just my about what I know about the cost of materials.

This is totally not a plug for my biz...LOL just so everyone knows...this is just my expirience with the bamboos that I have tried.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:31 AM   #9
cblurose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I should be testing one on the new baby in Oct. but the mama who was supposed to make me one has disappeared.
cblurose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:31 AM   #10
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I have some bamboo fabric that Carolann at Little Rain Dancers is making into snap-ins for her diapers for me. She asked if I wanted to have her make me a diaper out of it, and I'm tempted. Knowing how fast she works I will probably have it in my hands within a week or so. I will be sure to write a review.

I think all of the talk about bamboo has died down because the bamboo co op has taken a lot longer than people thought it would. I've been waiting on fabric since, what, February? And it won't be here before July for sure.