Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2006, 08:02 AM   #11
cm4245
Registered Users

Re: Do you think it is tacky...

I don't think it's tacky, but I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't think anything if I saw someone else do it in a cloth dipe, but a sposie is tacky.

To me, that would be like taking her out in her underware and to me that's weird.

Advertisement

cm4245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:13 AM   #12
raversangel
Banned

another vote for not tacky...my ds is in only a dipe and a shirt all the time around the house! usually i keep a pair of shorts handy for when we go out and usually i just keep em in the car and put them on him when we go into a store
raversangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:22 AM   #13
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

I got some comments about where ethans shorts were yesterday. But his diaper matched his shirt so i figured he looked cute. sposies remind me of ghetto people whos kids never wear clothes.
singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:33 AM   #14
nurseleedy
Registered Users

i don't think so . it gets very humid here in the summer . i have already had grayson out in a shirt and fb. some cd look like shorts anyway.
nurseleedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:43 AM   #15
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, here in south Texas, it gets pretty hot and humid, to say the least. The less I can put her in the better. I remember a conversation I had with my playgroup one time (when we lived in a pretty expensive neighborhood). I was telling the group that I saw some neighbors at the park with their kids only in diapers and one of the group members comments was, "Did you call the homeowners association?"
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:50 AM   #16
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Well, I may get lots of correction on this but my 2 year old was always in his sposie bc our we only have a swamp cooler and we didn't have an air conditioner in the car so I always kept him in the diaper bc it was too hot for anything else. We are talking 109 with 50% humidity! I never really liked doing it but that was better than him getting heat stroke. Now we have anair conditioner but before we did, on the few hotter days we have had I took the twins out in just their cloth diapers. Now I dress them bc of the air being in the car but not usually at home bc we still don't have central air. Well that is the case for us. I didn't like taking them out in just diapers but I ad to do what I had to do to keep them from getting sick in the heat so next time you see a baby in the summer that isn't dressed think about what I said before you think they are ghetto. Even though we live in one now due to money restrictions, my husband and I were not raised with the ghetto mentality at all. We both come from hard working middle class American homes. My mom is the Administrative Assistant to the U.S. Attorney in a city in Iowa, one of the top in her field, and my dad is a middle school teacher in Texas. My husband's dad is a Vietnam veteran and his mom owns her own trucking company. You definitely can't judge a book by it's cover!!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:08 AM   #17
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I did it once, and everyone kept commenting on his cute shorts. I guess they thought it was part of the outfit (we actually took his shorts off because he was getting overheated). Cloth diapers are so unusual that I feel pretty confident that people think there is a sposie under there. This summer I may do it some if he gets hot.

I do not like the way it looks if they have a sposie on, and I have always been adamant that my dd wear bloomers or a diaper cover when she is in a dress. She is potty trained now so she wears lacy bloomers to cover her panties, but before that she was in sposies, and she always had a matching diaper cover on. If she had beenin cloth I would have probably just chosen matching diapers because they look just like the diaper covers. Might as well save a step.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:46 AM   #18
mama23boys
Banned
seller

if there is one thing that i cant stand in the summer is seeing a kid in a disposable with just a tee-shirt and shoes (if they are walking) half the time the diaper is hanging off the poor kids butt

NOW i see no problem with a CD and a tee i guess bc they are so much cuter and most times can pass a pair of shorts! also CD dont seem to hang off a kids like a sposie does! JMO!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #19
Zany Zebra Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to think it was tacky with sposies but with cloth I think it's adorable. I don't think I'd take Zach out with just a diaper on, but I take him in wool all the time, and let him go in just a dipe at home.

Zany Zebra Designs ~ Diapers as beautifully unique as your child.

~ It's happy, it's crazy, it's my life ~ My Happy Crazy Life
~Amy Sue, Mama to &
Zany Zebra Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:28 AM   #20
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

so not tacky, and with all the cute diapers out there its almost a shame to cover tham up!! so if the weather is nice i will do just that this summer. i had ds in a sposie the other day for a long car ride, after using such cute clothe months now disposables looked cheap and taky andthey were covered up, and they stink too!!!