Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2006, 07:58 AM   #1
SusyQ
Registered Users
seller

How do you stop buying/trading/selling??

Help! Ha! I really do not need anymore diapers...I mean I have 6 AI2's with about 18 soakers between them, 6 pockets, 3AIO's and 10 various fiitteds...enough to have a day of each (and then some in a few cases!) and not do laundry for 2-3 days.

So why can I not stay off the freaking FSOT board?

Every AM there I am and several times a day too...looking to see what is being sold.

I do not need more diapers, I do not need more diapers, I do not need more diapers.

It is really kinda nutty...I mean, my son poops and pees in them, what is the big obsession with them? Maybe if they were not so darn cute and soft and adorable?

I will be so sad when he potty trains, ha!

Advertisement

SusyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:01 AM   #2
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do you stop buying/trading/selling??

ummmm - what is this stop buying you speak of?

seriously - i wondered the same thing. i do try sell stuff that i don't really love and i am still tempted by new things, but i have found that eventually i got to the point where i didn't have quite as much compulsion to buy more diapers. i don't go on the FSOT boards too much anymore. i've also replaced diaper buying with yarn buying, so.....maybe that's not much of a solution.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i've thought this too... I mean, its supposed to SAVE us money to CD but when we buy more than we need, we're not saving as much as we could! Gah.. its a big black hole
Old 06-02-2006, 08:13 AM   #4
SusyQ
Registered Users
seller

Don't get me started on yarn....I crochet...I so would love to crochet for a girl cause I drool over all the girly colourways avail on HC and the ones I can do up myself....I have toyed with getting a cottage license just so I can make some shorts or longies for a girl ha! I could get nutty with yarn very easily...maybe I have an addictive personality!
SusyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:22 AM   #5
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Yeah I need to get on the wagon, bad...maybe I'll start a wagon thread on OT. I think I made 5 different purchases yesterday afternoon. And we just bought a house and I'm SAHing so it's not like we have a ton of money to spend...altough I did bank at my college graduation so I felt like I had a bit to splurge with.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:34 AM   #6
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yesterday, my H said, "You keep saying that this is it, but then another package comes!"
Old 06-02-2006, 08:34 AM   #7
j_thurm
Registered Users
seller

You aren't the only one!!! I wish I had a way to explain it! I do feel like I am pretty happy with my stash and then I sell off the things we aren't using, diaper and others too. So then I need to be on the sites to sell and bump my things...so then I see more cute things that I have to have or trade for and the cycle goes on and on! In fact, I am not even going to subscribe to this thread because I spend too much time here already, lol!!!!!! You can always PM me if you need to, lol!

One mom did say something one time that made me feel more normal. She said that this cloth diapering addiction thing isn't so different from someone who works with tools or cars all day, for example. These people are always thinking of and looking for the things that would make their job better or cooler...better tools, cooler cars. So....we moms change diapers.....thus we dream of them, lol, and look for ones that make the poo and potty changing more desireable.

My on this topic!
j_thurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #8
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was on the wagon for like 2 days but now that I've decided to cloth diaper DS I fell off the wagon. Oh well this is my fun mommy time!!!
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:47 AM   #9
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I have more diapers than I need right now... but not as amny as I want

I have found a good substitute for buying my kid diapers... buying other kids diapers! I am building a stash for my sis right now! NB fluff is the cutest!
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #10
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

I Just stopped LOL...I sold off most of my stash that "tempted me" and just made most of my diapers. It helped a LOT!

Although, sometimes something comes along that I cant resist...but not very often. The last thing that beat me was a mosaic moon soaker for CHEAP.

Last edited by Samantha; 06-02-2006 at 09:00 AM.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote