Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #21
laura_mae99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: no sharing milk post on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley84 View Post
I was so sad to discover this new policy. I never considered being a donor until a very recent post about someone in my area looking for donor milk. I emailed that mama and I'm now working on building a stash for her. I only found her because of DS, I only considered donating because of DS. I went to find the thread about her the other day because a friend is also considering donating to her. I wanted to send that friend a link to the original thread. That is when I discovered the new policy, the thread I was looking for had been deleted. It honestly made me a little sick. I was fuming. I really though DS was different and I'm still so disappointed.
i think i know what post u r talking about!!! i cant belive they just took that down and didnt care to let everyone know ahead of time!!!

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #22
laura_mae99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

iam very "Disappointed" in diaperswappers... i use to rave about this group to everyone... know iam really thinking about leaving.... i like alot of u thought this group was diffrent. so "Disappointed", and i will not be telling anyone else to come this way unless they really change some of this stufff...
Old 10-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #23
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't even know people were looking/donating milk here. I've donated to a mom that I found on milkshare and it was a wonderful experience. It would be nice if DS would allow moms to do so here so that the moms looking for milk don't have to pay a fee like they do on milkshare. I agree a disclaimer is a good idea. I also think that the moms receiving the milk should have their donors screened. When I started donating to the mom I found on milkshare, I had already gone through the screening process from my local milk bank I was donating to. When the mama on MS found me, it was super easy to provide her with the paperwork.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #24
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura_mae99 View Post
i think i know what post u r talking about!!! i cant belive they just took that down and didnt care to let everyone know ahead of time!!!
If anyone is looking for that mama's email addy, please PM me! I have it.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #25
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree with a disclaimer over a ban, maybe a special section under breastfeeding so people can check it out if they are interested in donating.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #26
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

So, if a mama was not exactly looking for milk, but just made a post about how she was having supply issues and her preemie was in need of milk- you know, a commiseration-type post, that would still be ok?
Old 10-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #27
pixieixiq
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is exceptionally frustrating that legal issues and possible liability cause ridiculous rules and changes EVERYWHERE, DS included. While I totally understand it from the point of not wanting to be held liable for things, it is really annoying that mamas on here are prevented from doing good things for each other as a result. I'm not sure what the answer is, but it certainly is frustrating that you can't buy/sell/trade/give milk on here to other mamas!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #28
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I was directed to this post so here goes an explanation again:
The rule was discussed because of liability issues, it is risky and Diaperswappers doesn't want to be held liable for anything that may go bad. Now I will say you all can still donate milk to each other, just asking for donations as always is not allowed here on the board.
You all can make a yahoo group that is like milkshare or what your doing here, you may post the link in your siggies that way you can still help those in need and be able to get in contact with eachother. Hope that helps, if anything we can re-discuss this with the team but from what I read already, it is risky due to diseases that can travel through milk including HIV. Hope that helps, I'm sorry you all are disappointed but know we are not against breastfeeding, many of us are breastfeeding moms ourselves. We just need to keep the board as safe as possible.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #29
supergirljennie
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner99 View Post
So, if a mama was not exactly looking for milk, but just made a post about how she was having supply issues and her preemie was in need of milk- you know, a commiseration-type post, that would still be ok?
As far as I understand, mama, you are welcome to offer to her (by PM or by email) but don't post on the main board. Nor can someone solicit donations of it, which coincides with the rules we already have in place - no one is allowed ask for donations of anything, for any reason.

I understand the frustrations many of you are feeling, but DS isn't wrong in being concerned for liability. We in no way are implying that mamas who accept donations are wrong in doing so, nor are we saying that mamas who offer are wrong.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #30
CallysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner99 View Post

That's pretty much what I did -- the thread was deleted. I had a 32 week preemie that had to go on formula and turned blue during feedings caused by acid reflux from formula. So knowing this is a possibility for my next baby I was looking for any resources. I asked "where" can I find milk? Alot of mamas mentioned milk share and I had problems logging onto milkshare at the time so I wanted to see what other options were out there, milk banks, local donors, etc...

The post is deleted and I found out my answer and connected with alot of mommies on here. Hopefully somebody with a child who could die from being premature can find resources without having their post deleted right away...And it's so true that a preemie that is sick and vulnerable to infections can absolutely die from not having the added immune benefit of breast milk. I think instead of flat out deleting somebody's post with no warning perhaps they should be asked to revise it.

Last edited by CallysMommy; 10-25-2010 at 09:02 AM.
CallysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote