Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Just a tiny bit late.. Pic OBESE

Not really a birth story IMO. Just recalling my thoughts about the whole process.

DD1 - Kloe
Born via scheduled c-section at exactly 39w
Reason: Frank breech presentation (if you could call it that from an US?)

I remember being scared of the whole idea of having my stomach cut open. The whole surgery from open to close took maybe 35 minutes. It all seemed pretty low key. We had our own recovery room that overlooked down town Boise, ID. (beautiful!)
The hospital and staff were fantastic. I got to eat whatever I wanted at any time of the day. They kept Kloe in the nursery except when she was eating. In retrospect, I wish that I had kept her in the room with me the whole time. Their policy however was that she had to be in the nursery when I was sleeping. I did a lot of sleeping thanks to pain meds. I opted to go home 2 days post op. What a bad idea! They never warned me about laying down flat on say a bed. First thing I did when I got home was try to lay on my bed. I layed there sobbing for almost 30 minutes and wasn't even able to vocalize to DH why I was crying. Next few days went pretty well thanks to MIL coming to help. She is great! Stopped taking pain meds 5 days post op. & we won't go past that point since it just gets into the rest of her life!

For some reason I can't find OR photos
Birthday

1 week old

First birthday, with step-papa (on DHs side)

First birthday with mama, 4m pg, gained about 50 pounds since Ks birth.

First birthday with daddy, who had just flown in that morning from Army AIT

As close to 2nd birthday as I could find. She dressed herself this day. DH was deployed so we didn't celebrate.

3rd birthday. A friend of mine made her a bday orange cinnamon roll and her 3 kids sang DD happy birthday <3

Oh how time flys

Advertisement

Last edited by Hum Bums; 08-28-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Just a tiny bit late.. Pic OBESE

DD2 - Claire
Born via scheduled repeat c-section
Reason: to close for comfort for ME. Births were 16m apart. born at 39w 3d

The whole pregnancy was alright. I hated being in Texas. Too hot a muggy for me. The surgery took 2.5 hours. They took her from my a few minutes after birth and didn't even let me touch her. I cried after they took her until I got to see her again. Looking at photos of her from the recovery room pre-me coming in, she was rooting almost the whole time. I had to feed her laying down the first time because I was still not okay to sit up at all. I was treated like a criminal (IMO) the whole time I was in the hospital. We were at a St. Lukes with DD1. DD2 was born at a military treatment facility. I was put in a dark room. Even with the lights on it was gloomy. They would not allow me to refuse any shots or eye drops. They told me that they would call CPS if I did. Also threatened this a few other times when I tried to protest their BS. Had to take a shaken baby syndrome class that was horrifying. I cried thru the whole thing. Had to chart every single BM, wet diaper and feeding. If I didn't have said amount of each charted for the day, they wouldn't release us. When I asked for help with breastfeeding I was complained at and brought a bottle of formula. I had breastfed DD1 so I just discarded the formula and kept working on DD2s latch by myself. They gave me twice the pain meds that I was given with DD1. I constantly felt like I was going to pass out. I recall numerous times where I would lose consciousness and wake up catching DD2 as she was falling towards the edge of the bed. All I wanted was to go home but at this hospital it was a mandatory 3 day stay. I was out of there as fast as they would let me leave. Home was great. MIL flew down to help again. She really is amazing. She kept my house clean and all of us fed fresh, home cooked meals. After DD2s birth, things went pretty well

Just about 3 minutes old

"bathing" her. Is this really necessary?

Oh how true this felt. (this shirt)

daddy holding her in recovery

Me holding her minutes after surgery was over

In our room that we would have for the next 3 days. I hated it there.

MIL, DD1 and DD2 on birthday

Mama, DD1 and DD2 birthday

First cloth diaper at home

The mischief starts at 9m old!

Now we need to have another one!

Last edited by Hum Bums; 08-28-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
julialdrich
Registered Users
seller

Re: Just a tiny bit late.. Pic OBESE

I'm from Boise!! My sister had 2 CS at Boise St. Lukes (I've had 2 vaginal deliveries there and am planning my third in April!). My sister was able to have a VBA2C at Boise St. Luke's as well! Are you thinking VBAC? Good Luck!!
julialdrich is offline   Reply With Quote