Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Did I jump the gun?

So now that Ive order a whole bunch of cute boy diapers for my 2 year old is he telling me hes ready to use the potty? Should I be putting him in trainers? He can go well over 2 hours w/out peeing, he still pees at night though, and today he kept taking off his sposie and sitting on his little potty. He never peed though. What do ya'all think?

MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Did I jump the gun?

If he's showing an interest, I'd definitely roll with it. Don't worry though...those dipes will most likely still get some use. DJ's been using the potty off and on for months but while he does great for a few days or even a couple of weeks, eventually the novelty wears off and he loses interest again for a while. He's only 23 months now and I'm 7 months preggo so I'm not really willing to force the issue. When he asks to go to the potty, I take him. If I notice the "signs" and think he's about to go, I'll suggest it. Otherwise, I just try to go with the flow so to speak. Good luck!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Did I jump the gun?

It sounds like he is fascinated with the idea of using the big boy potty and no more diapers, but the fact he didnt go sounds like he might not be ready or fully understand yet what he has to do or knows when he has to go potty. I would'nt hold off getting those diapers just yet and give him some more time to work his way up to going in the big boy potty later. It is great he wants to use it though, but it would probably wear off as the previous post said. And if he does start going in the potty then you can swap them big boy dipes for some little girl dipes!
~*Amanda*~Wife to Adam 08-02-03 Mother to Stacie 02-22-05 Due Feb 2007

AmandaSue22 is offline   Reply With Quote