Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #31
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarap
Hi there,

I've seen your threads on Milkshare. I'm currently donating to a preemie baby I found on there. Try Eats on Feets. Go through the donor tab and message moms to check to see if they have any milk or if they would be willing to begin saving some for you.

I'm trying to get my milk up a little more and will try to remember to check with you if I get it up a little more to be able to help you out a little.

Also, check the "willing to ship" section. I've heard that it's not really expensive if you ship from the surrounding states.

In the Texas thread there is a lady in Austin. If you are willing to take a drive, you might want to check with her.

ETA: just saw you already posted a message.

I see that you are posting responses. Are you PM'ing them, also? That may help.

Good luck.
Thanks! It helps just knowing people actually see this lol.

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #32
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you do it? Donor Milk?

MDC is Mothering.com. If you set up an account there, you can go to their "local tribes" section and find people in your area. I have gotten several donors from there!

Here is a link to the Texas/NM/UT tribal area (assuming that you're still in Dallas like your info says!) You can either post a new thread looking for donors or see if there is an active Dallas area meetup thread and post in there:

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/list/95

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #33
jennyjnae81
Registered Users

If you can't breastfeed enough to feed your lo, and you do not want to give them formula, donor milk is the only option for the majority of families. Milk banks are way too expensive ($30+ an ounce!). I would totally donate milk and receive donated milk. If I did not personally know the mom I would pay for a blood test.
jennyjnae81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #34
heaven1202
Registered Users
seller

Location: Pacific Northwest (NorthWET as I like to call it), U.S.A.
My Mood:

When I had DS, I was not producing milk (colostrum) so I paid for breast milk while I was in the hospital. It cost almost $100 an ounce! My milk finally kicked in about 10 days later (thank goodness) and we were down to our last little bit of purchased frozen breast milk. Now I produce milk like crazy and had to stop extra pumping sessions because the freezer is full and we're not using it like I thought we would. I stay home with my son almost all the time and I haven't been sick either.

I would love to donate some I have from end of February and beginning of March, but I don't know exactly how it works. I also don't want to donate it to someone and have them turn around and sell it! Also, I froze it in the 2 oz plastic containers and not bags, and I'd like to keep my containers. I don't want to have to pay for bags either so I don't know what to do.

Anyhow, I used another mommy's BM and am glad I did it!

Last edited by heaven1202; 04-25-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Spelling
heaven1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #35
bluecandi
seller

My Mood:
What you could do is get on facebook (Eats on Feets, Human Milk 4 Human Babies), or milkshare.com and donate it to a local mama with the understanding that she will give back the bottles all nice and clean.
This is what I did when another local mama gave me some of her milk in bottles.

Good luck!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #36
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Probably not. I'd take it from a family member or friend I trusted or from a milk bank that screened the donors but not from a stranger.
adavieau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #37
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:
I don't a little that I have. I can't see where you are since I'm on my phone but i'd send you what I have now as well if you'd like. When I donated I did all the hiv screening and stuff for her. Its completely up to you but email me if your interested and I can count up how much I have and let you know.
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #38
g8trgrl7
Registered Users

My Mood:

I definitely would if it was from Eats on Feets. Im not so sure about taking it from someone just randomly tho even if they are your friend or something... cause really you never know. If you find someone who is willing to be your donor I would ask them to get blood work and stuff to make sure everything is safe. Otherwise I would be wary.
g8trgrl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #39
bluecandi
seller

My Mood:
Bump for I just got a HUGE shipment of milk today! Woohoo!!!!

Oh and happy Friday!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #40
bluecandi
seller

My Mood:
Bump for Its Saturday!!