Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
DS saw his dr today

My DS finally got to see his pedi today to discuss this behavior probs. He believes it is ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) as well as ADHD. So he's going to for blood work on Monday, I have to take a questionnaire to his former pre-school that was having problems for them to fill out, plus I want his Sunday school teacher to fill one out as well because she is having problems. Plus I get to fill one out He will also go for a hearing test. Once all the tests and forms are done, we will meet up with the dr again and he will prescribe him the med Dexi?? (no clue on the spelling) if it is indeed ODD with or w/o the ADHD

Part of me is extremely happy that I am finding out the problem My pedi also said I'm daring to homeschool him for pre-k since these would make it tough for him. But if he is diagnosed, he will be able to go to a special pre-k where the teachers know how to work with children with these issues Plus I fully intend to get him all of the services he is entitled to through the school system

Thanks mamas for all your support

Ashlee due April 18th
Dylin (5/24/02) Amber (1/2/06) Autumn (8/31/07)
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
I grow people
Re: DS saw his dr today

I'm so glad things are working out for you! Sometimes it's the best thing to have a name for the disorder so that you can utilize the programs the school districts have to offer!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote