Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
hezdwoody
Registered Users

Legitimate ways to make money at Home

Our finances are really tight right now. We have a fixer upper home and everything seems to be breaking all at once. Both the HVAC and blower motor on the wood stove broke last week...right before a snow storm! DH's student loans have just come due. We have planned for this and he makes enough to cover all the bills with not much left over. Tax return will pay off all credit card debt and put $1000 in savings. He gets an occasional bonus which is the money we will save for for house projects and visiting his family in Texas. However, things always seem to get tight.

I am looking for any legitimate ways to make some money from home. I would like to use this money to put towards paying down our $48,000 of student loans. They are killing us! I am willing to watch kids in my own home but I dont know anyone in the area and don't know how to find people to set that up. (I do find watching other people's children to be a challenge!)
I would love some sort of online option. I spend way to much time online so I know I could find time to devote to something that would pay! I am too squimish for blood or plasma donation.

Ideas?

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Legitimate ways to make money at Home

I looked for the same type of things but found nothing. So I'm watching kiddo's in my home.. but I do love it (and I'm going to school for Elementary Education.. so it's right up my alley).

For a quick-buck for something you need money for now, but don't necessarily want to commit to.. maybe a closet cleaning? When we are super short on funds and I need money fast, I find that I have quite a bit in the closet that I can sell that I don't need. Downsizing really helps us because I have less to store, and have stuff to sell! I go through our clothes, things we don't use or wear, or don't reach for.

Are you crafty? Maybe make WAHM items of some sort? Or if you don't prefer to watch kids.. maybe clean houses? Everyone would love to have their house cleaned if the price is right! Wish I had more ideas for you mama!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:23 AM   #3
teleana22
Registered Users
seller

theres lots of good ways to make a little money. i love swagbucks! not real money, but amazon gc, i do my points and paid email inbox. i do chacha and kgb once in a while, but i don't have that much time lately. chacha used to pay pretty good, but i think they reduced their rates. good luck!

Teleana
Old 01-13-2011, 02:03 AM   #4
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What are your skills? List out your likes and hobbies and look to those for something that you could make money from them.

Dh and I pull in extra through website design, IT consulting and computer repair, design, bookkeeping, and I do some sewing as well. All things we can do after hours in our spare time at home (mostly, with some emails/phone calls/some off site meetings). I've been thinking of becoming a notary too.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:44 AM   #5
jenthe10
Registered Users

I do surveys through opinion outpost and pinecone. Opinion outpost can be a pain because at least I dont qualify for a lot of the surveys, but i've made probably 50 bucks in the past year (im not dedicated at all though, lol). Pinecone is more reliable... I usually get 1 survey a week and it pays 3 bucks... sometimes they have some that pay more or you get samples or whatever. You have to be refered to pinecone and as far as i know they aren't taking referrals right now.
jenthe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
gypsysheart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a real one. Actual work, takes time but is good for making extra money, completely legit. Not quit your job money, but pay a few extra bills money. If you want the info please pm me. I will be happy to send it to you.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #7
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleana22 View Post
theres lots of good ways to make a little money. i love swagbucks! not real money, but amazon gc, i do my points and paid email inbox. i do chacha and kgb once in a while, but i don't have that much time lately. chacha used to pay pretty good, but i think they reduced their rates. good luck!

Teleana
Swagbucks can be real money. Use it for paypal...and then transfer that to your bank account!!

Mysurvey.com

I've never tried it, but people say Paybox also.
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I do direct sale and while I go out of the house to do parties at other peoples houses im gone maybe 3rd hrs for a party and can do then when I want to.
-::- ((.* the buzz is all about.... check out my facebook http://facebook.com/romancepartiesbypaula2
peverroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
chasesfrog
Registered Users
seller

Like a pp said, you can make some money with chacha and kgb. I have worked for www.westathome.com in the past doing customer service over the phone. You have to have a landline, and pay $30 for a background check after you are hired, but it is legit.
chasesfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #10
hezdwoody
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasesfrog View Post
Like a pp said, you can make some money with chacha and kgb. I have worked for www.westathome.com in the past doing customer service over the phone. You have to have a landline, and pay $30 for a background check after you are hired, but it is legit.
What is west at home, what kind of work is it?

Thanks for all the replies!