Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: help needed for EXTREME nausea

I used the unisom/b6 throughout my first 2 pregnancies and felt decent, this time I also used a Prima bella wrist band, it is the same idea as the sea bands but sends an electric shock to the pressure point as well. I thought in conjunction with the other drugs it worked pretty good, she might try that, but it cost $180 and you have to get your doctor to order it for you. Their website is

Wendy, wife to DH '04 , WaHMy to DD '07, DD Oct. '08, and DS '11.
wendyroo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

I 3rd, 4th suggest trying to find the zofran cheaper, the price does differ depending on the pharmacy.
I think Sam's club is cheaper than say Walgreen's just have to call and check.

Also if she doesnt have insurance she should look into pregnancy medicaid and that will/should cover the meds.

I couldnt take phenegren, or unisom as I have Restless Legs Syndrome and both of those meds made it worse for me. The phenegren didnt help anyway.

I tried every other OTC/alternative for my "morning sickness" and the Zofran was the *only* thing that made a real difference.
~Amber, sahm to Caden 02/17/03, and Baby Georgia 1/30/11!
"I'll just have to save him. Because, after all, a person's a person no matter how small." His Body His Choice, Say NO to circumcision! ISO:xbox360 monster jam path of destruction
wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #23
Registered Users

I had extremly bad nausea during my pregnancy with my twin girls. It finally went away at 19 weeks. I was on zofran and phenegren in addition to using the Prima Bella band. The band works well for some and just okay for others. Unfortunately, it worked just okay for me. I joke and say that I just had too much hormones going on in my body since I was pregnant with two girls. LOL

I always feel for anyone that is dealing with morning sickness. It is such an awful feeling.

If anyone is interested in buying my Prima Bella band I am willing to sell it for $100.00 plus whatever the post office charges for shipping. I am sure it will fit in one of the smaller flat rate boxes.
jadenjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

sea bands and jolly rancher candies were what worked for me. like a pp said, the more sour the better.
-Sassafras- super green, crunchy, to the love of my life and
Mama to '99, '01, '08, and '10

My 2014 ISO/IHA
Sassafras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #25
Registered Users

I vomited up EVERYTHING I ate or drank, including any water I drank. I couldn't take pills taht were prescribed because it came back up immediately. I couldn't take B6, because it came back up. The nausea would keep me up at night vomitting, so I'd take unisom until I could keep one down, but they mostly came right back up, so I'd try to force another down. Taking unisom to put me to sleep was my ONLY relief from the nausea. Then when I was up in the morning, it was another WHOLE day of vomitting.

I was never diagnosed because my doctor refused to believe I was vomiting that much. But I had hyperemesis. It was undiagnosed and left untreated until sometime after 24 weeks it eased up and while I still vomitted, I was able to start gaining weight, and usually just "spit up" instead of full fledge vomitting.
Mommy to M (9/09) & G (4/12) & expecting Feb 2014
crunch!910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #26
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
Nothing works for me except zofran. I'm still throwing up every day bur can function.
Natasha: Mom to toddlers and tweens and everything in between.
5PrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #27
Registered Users

Seabands! They are made for sea sickness, but they totally work!
babylsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote