Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Ways you make money...

Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by CntryMama; 11-24-2011 at 01:34 PM.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
mfergy0625
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ways you make money...

coupon and meal planning really help me save on our grocery budget and we only eat out once every 2 weeks. We cut cable, stopped buying things that we didn't actually need (clothes and shoes just because, cute diapers, etc.), visit the library to get movies and books, sell stuff we aren't using on Craigslist (way cheaper than doing it on ebay), turning down the heat in the winter...just to name a few. It is hard at first but so worth it to be able to stay home with your kids IMO
Old 02-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't SAH BUT we still need additional income to make our budget work. I started selling Avon and I also seek out freebie deals during the year and do swagbucks for Christmas and other occassions (birthdays) throughout the year. It all really does add up!
justjacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

swagbucks, zoombucks, lots of different survey sites.

I sew and sell things too. And also run co-ops which pay for some of the items I buy, not much, but a small help.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
Logans Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I babysit occationally, its not a ton of money, but it helps some.

Logans Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I quit my part time job so I can stay at home and start a family. We have taken on foster kids to accomodate the budget gap. Down the road we may decide instead to babysit 1 or 2 kids instead. And since my previous job was as a nanny for several different families I still get called on once in a while to babysit my little buddies.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #7
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Have you signed up for Swagbucks yet? It's a great (albiet slow without referrals) earner...slow and steady. i also do cloud crowd (it's an editing program.. no commitments...just work when you can), opinion outpost and a few others help earn a few extra giftcards here and there...which means it doesn't come out of the budget.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #8
minneapolisite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Services/goods that I would happily pay a SAHM to do for me:

* minor mending (sewing on buttons, fixing fallen hems). I can do it myself, but it takes me months to get around to it

* provide homemade bread (made with healthy ingredients and baked in a smoke-free pet-free home). I would love healthier bread/buns but I do not have the time to do it myself. I would buy from a SAHM if it was cheaper than my local bakery, especially with the interest on "going green" these days.

* clean the problem areas in my house (especially outside windows, the cubicle shower with lots of crevices, and the garage)

* once the baby comes, I imagine it would be nice to have a "mommy's helper" in the weeks after my mother leaves but before I get into my own routine. I don't know what my needs will be this early in the game, but I bet it'd be nice just to get help with cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc. while I'm figuring things out.

SO if any of these ideas sound like fun to you, MAYBE there's a market for these services in your city. HTH!
At-home mom of DAK (Oct 2011) and #2 (Oct 2014)
minneapolisite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #9
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm only volunteer right now but I picked up selling S.centsy about a yr and a half ago. More recently, I joined Thirty-One Gifts as well.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #10
lunarain25
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have tons of books (literally thousands) and my local thrift shop often has a sale of $.25 books....so I often sell books on half.com. I also sell DVDs and video games that the kids don't use anymore. In just the last month, I sold about 60 items and brought in $550 after it was all said and done. It's super easy. The kids love helping pack up items for the mail!

I've also babysat and loved doing after school care. I was a SAHM for a hand full of years when our second was born. Since I was a teacher, parents loved that I could tutor as part of the after school care. Additionally, since I had one school aged kiddo anyways, it really wasn't any extra work (I was going to have to do homework with him anyways)...and it was actually fun! So, for 2.5 hours a day....I brought in $125 per child per week. I watched 2 school aged kids for a total of $1000/month. It was great, easy money! Sure, I couldn't have the kids in lots of after school activities, but honestly....they did NOT suffer!

I also sold Usborne books for a very short period of time. It just wasn't my thing...the party hosting. I ended up just buying books for my kids and called it a day. Some people love the party thing and that may be a good way to bring in a few hundred dollars a month.
lunarain25 is offline   Reply With Quote