Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ways you make money...

I used to do home daycare for only 1 child at a time. I would find deals at yard sales and sell them for more online.

Now I have my sewing and online store that brings in an income while I still get to be home.

Advertisement

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
brittneyscott06
Registered Users
seller

I do a lot to save us money on our budget that I'm sure you've already started doing. To earn extra money though I sell products as a romance consultant. The company I go through gives 50% profit on every item sold (you can pm me if you want more info) and I've made a few hundred dollars from just one party before. I also do the swagbucks although I didn't sign up very long ago I've already earned $15 in amazon gift cards so that's a little extra too.
brittneyscott06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #13
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I started selling Scentsy a few months ago and it's really helped with our budget!

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #14
carmismom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I saw this Dr. Phil show once where he was talking about finding odd jobs and he said that anything you do in your own home someone else is probably looking for someone else to do it for them. So I placed an add on craigslist to pick up people's wash. I take their suff home, wash, iron (if needed), fold/hang them, and return them. I charge $7 per load and .50 for any thing that needs to be ironed. I have a couple of families I do this for. I typically pick up clothing every two weeks.
I also found a job working at a group home where I go there from 11p-7a and sleep the entire shift. It pays $8.40 an hour and is close to home.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #15
photomikey
Since there is reason to suspect that this user and CDMama12 are the same person and they have failed to repsond to pm's asking for clarification, both accounts are being banned.

What did you do before you stayed home? I was a photographer... I still do it, only less often.

We have a couple of rental properties that bring in a few bucks a month - I don't know if that's an option for you.
photomikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #16
photocat
Registered Users

I too have worked as a photographer on the side, weddings, kiddie portraits for people I know, when dh is home on weekends. I have worked full time in photog' for a bit but with kids, weekend stuff is all I'm willing to do and not much of it, I find it a bit stressful.

For now, I have a casual job as a nanny. When their kids were young, I did it full time for while, then part time while I studied, now their kids are older I just do casual. I now bring my kids, and their two girls, 9 and 11, play with/entertain/practically babysit MY kids, while I cook dinner sometimes, supervise shower times, police tv/homework/computer/who does the dishes etc. It works out beautifully, and it has been a long term relationship with a fabulous (and fabulously wealthy) family that has had many perks. I have worked for them on and off for 10 years.
I know their house/kitchen/routine/cooking style inside and out after such a long time, so I can just come in and take straight over from mum and dad, seamlessly. That, to them, is worth paying good money for. And I agree, haha!

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #17
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmismom View Post
I saw this Dr. Phil show once where he was talking about finding odd jobs and he said that anything you do in your own home someone else is probably looking for someone else to do it for them. So I placed an add on craigslist to pick up people's wash. I take their suff home, wash, iron (if needed), fold/hang them, and return them. I charge $7 per load and .50 for any thing that needs to be ironed. I have a couple of families I do this for. I typically pick up clothing every two weeks.
I also found a job working at a group home where I go there from 11p-7a and sleep the entire shift. It pays $8.40 an hour and is close to home.
How do you or DO YOU factor in water usage/electric or gas for the dryer? What about soap and fabric softner? Gas to pick it up? Just wondering as I have thought about this as well! Thanks!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:00 AM   #18
moley
Registered Users

Maybe a paper route if you live in a town or city ???
Old 02-07-2011, 07:11 AM   #19
armywifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

I just budget and live frugally at the moment to save money. Eventually at some point I will open a licensed in home daycare.
armywifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #20
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In 2 months, I lose my income. So we're trying to plan ahead. We have never really budgeted or watched our spending, and we pretty much live paycheck to paycheck. Now that I will not be working, we are finally trying to watch everything and really cut back.

I am opening a licensed home daycare, and plan to watch 3-5 children. It will only bring in half of the income that I had before, but it's still an income. When we did the run down of our expenses and bills, DH could almost cover everything with his paycheck (which scares me that with mine on top, we still live paycheck to paycheck). But doing that, and also starting a WAHM business will help.

Doing daycare or babysitting is great, because you can be home with your kids, while helping out other moms with great care.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote