Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
paperclip
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What diapers are you loving right now?

Gwenny is 5 weeks (today!) and just over ten pounds. I have some Thirsties fitteds that fit great right now, and the gDiapers size small. I'm very sad that my orange GMD's are getting too small but the yellows are too big still, because pfs are usually my favorites. For covers we are mostly using wool- Curly Purly soakers and longies I knit. DP always reaches for the flats.

Advertisement

Jenny- wife to Michael. Mama to Zoe (12), Selene (8), Garvin (6), Gwendolyn (3), Thomas (21m), and a surprise #6 due 29 June 2015
paperclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
laurajean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DD is 4 weeks and about 10.5 pounds. All we're using is green edge prefolds with xs thirsts covers.

We are an unschooling, home birthing, breast feeding, cosleeping, cloth diapering, EC'ing, baby wearing, non vaxing, Weston A Price-diet family.
laurajean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #13
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

infant pfs and some imagine or rite nbs - really not sure since they are fsot
finally some of our guesset covers are starting to fit xs tiny tush snap wraps and green earth preemies - still loving the wool longies mostly though here

A is 9.5 lbs and 7 weeks old - oh and between 22.5-23" long
Old 02-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #14
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS is 6 weeks on Monday and about 12.5 lbs. We quickly outgrew all the NB sized diapers and have been wearing OS for a few weeks now. I like the BG 4.0s on the smallest rise best but we also have some FB and RR OSs. I recently bought a couple FB perfect size smalls and really like those, too, but I can see he's going to outgrow them pretty soon.

How many diapers do you guys have in your rotation right now? I have about 18 and can't decide if I need to get more.
and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
somamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #15
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

leah i think i must have around 40 .... he can easily go through 30 though in two days
Old 02-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #16
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh dang! I guess I don't have to feel bad about wanting to fluff up my stash! I still have 8 NB contour fitteds (need snappi & cover) that I can supplement with if I postpone laundry but they're starting to be too small. I have a million covers - guess I should get some fitteds that go with his new bigger size.
and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
somamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #17
jaqie19
Registered Users

My Mood:

DD will be 6 weeks in Monday. She is about 11.5 lbs. We are using OS BG 3.0, OS RR, FB size Small- a bit large. We have 11 diapers that I'm liking to use...I have some prefolds and small covers but...I'm not loving them like I thought I would. In my head I'm too busy to apply the prefold and then the cover. So...I'm trying to be practical and use both...resisting the urge to buy some OS BG 4.0.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #18
eilatan
Registered Users
seller

A few of you mentioned you are using FBz size small. When did they start to fit well? DS is 9lbs 7oz and they are still HUGE on him. A friend loaned me a bunch of size small fuzzibunz and that was my "size up plan." Lately I've been worried that he will grow completely out of the newborn diapers before he fits well into the smalls. We have one fuzzibunz one size and that seems to work well.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #19
irishfan1113
Registered Users
seller

My grobaby/grovia are our go-to diapers. They are DH friendly and hold up really well for the poop explosions. My DD is 5 weeks today and somewhere between 10-11 lbs. The FB sz SM are too big on her. We use the Flips too but they are bulky.
irishfan1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #20
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

An update to my PP...found out that DS weighs 10lbs 3oz (almost 8 weeks old, he was 6lbs 1oz at birth). So we are in yellow edge GMD, snappied, with Thristies Duo size one. He also has a Thristies XS cover that still fits, but the rise may not fit much longer. He has a really long torso. (the duos already have the rise totally undone). I honestly love prefolds/covers. No blow-outs, and he seems comfy. Even DH likes them, which I didn't expect.