Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #1
trytry38ever
Registered Users

How do you keep dishes clean

I cook at least 2x a day and wash dishes 1 million times a day I swear and there is always a sink full. No dishwasher as I had one and it broke 6 months after buying it and the company wanted me to pay for shipping for warranty which was the same price as buying a new one. Will be getting a new one eventually but have to hand wash for now.

Advertisement

trytry38ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:22 PM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
I just wash at least twice a day. I leave breakfast dishes until lunch and do those together. Then dinner dishes. Dishes are never ending. I've never had a dishwasher. With 4 kids it seems like it would be pretty nice to have a dishwasher
Old 12-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #3
trytry38ever
Registered Users

Re: How do you keep dishes clean

That's kind of what I do also. Is there really never an end I swear I have everything clean and within 5mins there's more. I hate when I have company they look at the dishes and make faces as if I never clean. I also get kind of upset and want to tell then get the beep out of my house. I guess everyone has dishwashers now it's easier to do dishes and hide them.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #4
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I have a dishwasher and still have to do dishes twice a day at least. I agree dishes are never ending just like laundry.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:57 PM   #5
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

It's impossible. We are a family of 8 right now and don't have a dishwasher, it's crazy how many dishes we use. Thankfully dishes are something the older 3 take care of so I don't have to.

Dishes are the same as laundry though, as soon as I get it done, I need to do it again. It can feel overwhelming at times.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #6
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
It's impossible. We are a family of 8 right now and don't have a dishwasher, it's crazy how many dishes we use. Thankfully dishes are something the older 3 take care of so I don't have to.

Dishes are the same as laundry though, as soon as I get it done, I need to do it again. It can feel overwhelming at times.
Dishes and laundry never end. I just put another load in and dh commented on how it was late for me. We have a couple of busy days ahead and I do not want to fall behind so I'm doing extra.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:07 PM   #7
trytry38ever
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
I have a dishwasher and still have to do dishes twice a day at least. I agree dishes are never ending just like laundry.

OMG hopefully it won't be that bad if we do get a new one. I had a counter top one and ran it 2x a day but we added a little one since then who comes with a bunch of dishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post

Yes, overwhelming alot of the time even with just 3. 8 I would probably die from the stress. I can't wait till my little one is old enough to help lols. Either that or get a new dishwasher whichever comes
first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Dishes and laundry never end. I just put another load in and dh commented on how it was late for me. We have a couple of busy days ahead and I do not want to fall behind so I'm doing extra.

It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one with dishes and laundry that never ends.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:52 PM   #8
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a dishwasher and ut us a lifesaver. I dont feel overwhelmed by dishes but laundry is another story! I cannot keep up with laundry. Especially getting it sorted, folded and put away. I do 100% of the laundry start to finish and its impossible to keep up. Especially since my 3 little kids have been sick non stop since oct 1st!!!!!! Sorry to derail. I feel overwhelmed with my laundry today after my 2yo spent the night vomiting
Old 12-11-2015, 06:41 PM   #9
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't like to leave a mess in the kitchen, always need to clean it up before I start something. I also hate coming down in the morning to a messy kitchen, so I make sure to clean shortly after meals, and at least before I go to bed.

Tonight the kids and I used plain paper plates, which can go in the compost pile.

One of the things I've been meaning to do is have the kids wash their own dishes so they aren't using new ones at every meal and so I'm not doing all of the work. They already use the same bottle or cup throughout the day, which they keep in the fridge.
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:55 PM   #10
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

We do not have a dishwasher.
Here are some tips that might help.
-All of my family has a color that their dishes are- mine are orange, my husbands are dark blue, one son has teal, and so on. We each have one big plate, one small plate, one bowl, one mug, and 2 normal drinking cups. If we use one of our dishes we are responsible for washing our dishes, the exception being I do all of the 2 year old"s dishes. This cuts down on kids using a different cup every time they need a drink.
- We wash pots and pans and any dishes used for food prep after every meal.