Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #121
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: JuneBirds 2010 April Chatter

Elena, I just lowered my standards re: the chores and so forth. And I did worry a bit when they 1st started laundry...I used to have an LG front-loader, the top of line and largest one made for home and boy did I love that thing!

Tam, take a note from Elena. My kids are older, so we don't do anything regarding good attitude, etc....one of my kids is almost 18, so at this point, it's too late for that . Anywho, you got me inspired, so I made a new chart for May-Aug and it included: each one take a month to do the yard work, a month each for trash and then the weekly in-house cleaning chores. Those are big ticket things that I don't think DH should have to do (and also he doesn't have time for) and things that just don't get done but need to...so now, at least those things will get done. (oh, also, washing/drying and putting away their OWN dishes- my dishwasher hasn't been working). Anyway, as far as consequences....um, they just do them. But again, they are older. I mean, they are pretty cut and dried, so if I see the lawn not mowed, I will say, MOW THE LAWN and then it's done. Now, I do have to get on them about cleaning up after themselves instead of dropping everything inside the door and stuff like that, but they do it when I tell them (at least after a few times, lol). When they were little, punishments were losing TV or something, or early bedtime, etc. Their dad only gives them allowance if they do their chore (they take turns cleaning up after XH's dogs) and lots of times they don't do it, and just don't get the money.

I am really working on getting back in to a routine....like maybe trying to start walking around 7:30 am before DH has to get ready for work and I have to get the kids. K is usually up by then anyway. It's a start!

Can't speak for the drinking cuz I don't drink, but I know many ppl have a drink with dinner and still nurse.

K is still sick and now has a lot of clear snot. Kinda worried about the low-grade fever. he is acting worse with that than when he had the 102 one. He is very clingy, but then arches to get down, then screams to get up, not a very good appetite- we had chinese food and he barely touched his white rice or the other stuff and he LOVES rice. He has puked up mucus when he is coughing, not just gagging anymore....and he has been arching (like stiffening up) (not like he's in pain, almost a weird jerky motion, but not a seizure- it's like he's trying to get himself better? ) and crying out in his sleep a lot

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #122
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jul - Poor K, sounds like he's really not feeling well. There's a lot going/gone around this winter. Hopefully the nicer weather (although personally we're getting a snowstorm right now ) and getting outside more will help kill things off. I hope he gets feeling better and back to himself before too much longer. to him.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #123
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Jul I am sorry K is sick. That is just miserable. I also have heard when Coop was sick that sometimes the lower the fever the worse it is. I hope it is just a virus and he gets better soon. Does he act like his neck is stiff? Will he nurse ok?

I love the chore charts that you and Elena talk about. My problem is that how I punish Paityn since she is 8 is totally different then how I would punish Anthony since he is only 3. Well then paityn gets upset thinking I am favoring him. Some things that Piatyn does gets her an automatic time out to her room for the rest of the day but I don't think I could do that with Anthony. KWIM. She already feels like we favor him more!

I am deciding if I want to order the Blues Buster II and the Liver Glow II that Mer suggested. They couldn't hurt by any means!

I am also going to start walking/jogging so I can do a 5k in May (21st)

Guy woke me up with an early Mothers day present...a Nook Color! I have been so busy it is just sitting on my night stand and he thinks I don't want/like it! I love it but man this weekend was hectic!

Firday night P's soccer practice, Saturday 5K, Anthony's game, P's school carnival, Sunday P's game, playdate for P, May fair, naps then get P and finally get home. I feel like I am running ragged! Plus my new med is making me miserably groggy which it didn't use to so that makes it even harder!

Tomorrow is Anthony's first day at the Y preschool....only a month left in the year but oh well. Mommy needs a break or I will lock myself into a padded room! He has been so clingy so I am a tad nervous for him! It's going to start my day off hectic...he has to be there at 9 and P gets on the bus at 8:45...So....Go for a walk/jog with coop and go back to get A then home for naps and get P off the bus and do it all over m-f!

I love sunday night TV but man am I pooped!

Did I show you guys the 2 outfits I am debating for Coopers Smash cake photo shoot....

http://www.etsy.com/listing/66818312...birthday-crown

Or minus the diaper cover....
http://www.etsy.com/listing/72217765...-orange-dot-or

Last edited by tamarag; 05-01-2011 at 07:20 PM.
tamarag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #124
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

JuneBugs May Chat!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote