Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: maternity bikini

Quote:
Originally Posted by litllegreekmama View Post
Jealous! My chest and bottom would not fit into a 2 sized bikini! Not to hijack but i'm also trying to find a preggo swim suit-do you ladies think it's ok for a pregnant woman to wear a bikini nowadays? I know the celebs do it-but I'm not Kate Hudson so...
Yes I think it's okay! I don't feel comfortable wearing a bikini pregnant or not... and have not been pregnant in the summer. But anyway, I see some moms at the beach in their bikinis while pregnant and am so jealous. I think they're cute.

Advertisement

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought a bra-sized bikini that looks awesome! Fits before and after pregnancy too, and I did look cute in it.

I can't buy regular bikinis because I'm a 32H and fall out of S/M/L tops in different ways.

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

LOL at the cute second trimester belly/before giant whale stage kicks in I know what you mean!

We're going on a cruise next month and i'll be about 22 weeks pregnant so I've been debating bikini/tankini. All I have are bikini's (I'm a size 2 also) with a couple of maternity tankinis that I don't really like. I will probably buy a non-maternity tankini and pair it with my maternity bikini bottoms (chocolate brown). I prefer the maternity bottoms when I'm prego because they are much more comfortable around the tummy/hip area than my regular bikinis. So maybe grab some maternity bottoms and try on non maternity tops. That would be my suggestion!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #14
TNSearch
Registered Users
seller

I already have a tankini that's conservative, and I will wear that at the pool at my hubby's school. I'd hate for the boss to see me, I'd get a little self-conscious. But, I opted for a regular skirted suit with a top that ties and I went a size up. It's so cute.
Student. Loving wife to D. Mommy to my 3 boys H (12/20/2006), C (2/19/2008), & B (12/7/2009). AND, #4 due 8/31/2011!!
TNSearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #15
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There is a really awesome brand called ...what is that name? Pez D'Or. If you can find one of their swimsuits on sale, they make maternity two-pieces and one-pieces and are really cute and fashionable. I am looking forward to being pregnant partly so that I can justify buying one, lol.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #16
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlichick View Post
LOL at the cute second trimester belly/before giant whale stage kicks in I know what you mean!

We're going on a cruise next month and i'll be about 22 weeks pregnant so I've been debating bikini/tankini. All I have are bikini's (I'm a size 2 also) with a couple of maternity tankinis that I don't really like. I will probably buy a non-maternity tankini and pair it with my maternity bikini bottoms (chocolate brown). I prefer the maternity bottoms when I'm prego because they are much more comfortable around the tummy/hip area than my regular bikinis. So maybe grab some maternity bottoms and try on non maternity tops. That would be my suggestion!

that's mostly what I was concerned about with a regular bikini
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #17
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
There is a really awesome brand called ...what is that name? Pez D'Or. If you can find one of their swimsuits on sale, they make maternity two-pieces and one-pieces and are really cute and fashionable. I am looking forward to being pregnant partly so that I can justify buying one, lol.
spiffy, I'll look into it
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #18
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ended up getting bottoms that are maternity and matching them to a current bikini top.

Pic of me today, 13 weeks. Thanks for all your help!