Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #111
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: JuneBugs MAY chat!

elena, kup bout the tick. my 14yr old got lymes in his CNS

real quick, where is our old DDC (when we were preggo)? I can only find back til Jan and then meagans due date list. I wanted to read back from when I was getting ready to have him....i went into labor on Memorial Day last yr.....

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #112
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think our old stuff is gone. You could pm a mod and ask them though maybe?

I took Isaac to our Dr this morning. Rx for antibiotics and some cream to stop the area from itching. He didn't say anything about testing or anything, but wants to see Isaac again next Monday to see how things are going. So for now, meds and I'll be checking the spot each day.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:33 AM   #113
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

well, if it was a lyme tick, getting it off within 72 hrs is key and the abx that early should kill anything that would come about. We didn't know my son had been bitten until like well over a YEAR later. They said if the abx get in you within the 1st 2 wks, you are good to go!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:57 AM   #114
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is good to hear, Jul! The Dr asked if we were worried about lyme disease, I said it is something we'd thought of but we also just want to make sure the bite area itself isn't infected - cuz there's obviously something happening with it, with the swelling, redness, and rash there. He said for infection he'd do antibiotics, and if it is lyme disease the first step is antibiotics (although technically there's one more recommended for use for lyme, but not recommended for a child Isaac's age) - so, either way it would be the same first step, kwim? We'll keep an eye on it and if it doesn't improve in the next week, even with the meds, we'll be asking for something more to be done - whether testing to confirm or more meds, whatever.

AFM: Isaac had his nursery school graduation this morning - and it is absolutely pouring outside. Coming down in buckets, honestly. The waters in our yard and all around town is nearly as high as the highest when it flooded this spring, and it's still coming down hard out there, plus strong strong winds. DH is going out right now to help the town guys, they're filling sand bags out by our ditch. Oh, what a mess!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #115
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh speakng of ticks.... I found one on Anthony's back...crawling around just aobut to latch on. Give me the heebie jeebies!

Elena I got the BH today! I am so glad that you got to use it and find out that you loved it!

Not much here. Just getting ready for the baby shower on the 11th and then Coops b-day on the 4th. I am not sure what we are going to do though. Just more than likely barbque. I got him a few presents but not a whole lot. he really loves touchy feely books so I found pat the bunny which I loved and then another one. I am going to make him a carrot cake...I really want to find one of those big cupcake pans but I have spent so much money on the shower Guy is goiing to kill me!

Alright ladies I will bbl
Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #116
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Tam, Kailani didn't know what to do with his cake! We ended up eating it for breakfast the next day since it was a muffin, lol. when we have our families over, I think we are just going to give him a big bowl of blueberries and sing to him, hehe

Elena, how big was the tick? lyme ticks are about the size of a pen head or small freckle. like I said, initially, they do amox for 2 wks. If it's after the 2 wk period before you get help, you are basically screwed (so you all are ok!). Then you either have to be on abx ALL the time, or go thru and get it intravenously, etc, etc. it's bad stuff!

The rain! your poor town!

AFK: he had a horrid rash on his chest last night and Idk if it was a combo of sweat (our AC was broke and it was near 100), pollen (my eyes were itching like crazy around the time it showed up) and something he ate that might have sat on his chest. It was angry red and hivey. Now it just looks like prickly heat. I put my fingers in his mouth today and found 3 more teeth popping thru. They are on the side. So after he got his initial 8, these are the ones that have been working thru for months!

AFM: it's his bday tomorrow and I was gonna make him a card (he already got his presents) but I didn't get to the store to get stickers, clean the dishes, etc, etc. But I am so tired. I am not sleeping at night hardly at all. And today, DH came home with almost heat stroke again. So he has been needy tonight and the baby has been concerned about him. I feel nauseous and my head hurts (need sleep!) and we just got the AC kinda fixed late this afternoon so still waiting for the bedroom to be really cool- I have 3 fans going AND the AC blasting
Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 PM   #117
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tamara - I super hate ticks. Disgusting creatures. I can't believe I didn't think to check Isaac earlier in the week, after he'd been out playing in the yard with his airplane. Especially since this one was exactly in the spot they always go on him - on the back of his scalp. Always. Ruthie's the same way, and for Zech, I think cuz he likes his head shaved, they always go behind his ears. I know this and yet I still missed it. Mom fail, for sure.
I'm so happy to hear it arrived home safe and sound! Phew! And I'm so happy that you loaned it to me and that I really do it so! I can't wait to have another newbie to try it out with - I'm still not totally sure I'll love it more than my sling for newbie squishiness, but I know I'll love it after the first few months anyways. And I'm still loving it all the time with Levi!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 PM   #118
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jul - We posted at the same time
The tick was all ready swollen up, so I have no clue what size it was before biting, kwim? I don't think there's a big size difference between deer and wood ticks here (deer are the lyme carriers), but I do know they look different (lines on their shells). But, again, this one was swollen and all ready turning white (gag me) so we couldn't check markings either. But it sounds like he'll be fine either way, since we've definitely started antibiotics early on.

I wonder if that rash was part due to teething too? I hope he's feeling better and rash-free tomorrow - rashes are so itchy and sweating just makes it worse.
Not that your heat is funny, but I'd do just about anything to trade you for this cold, rainy, windy crap we've got!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #119
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

June thread!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #120
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dh is driving me nuts...he is so cranky, over tired and just being a real donkey arse. He is just going crazy trying to build his real estate brokerage. He has hired an assistant and now wants to buy him an ipad. $700 pays him $15/hour, then he has another lawyer/buyers agent that he is adding to the team and "needs" to stay in contact with so he needs to get her an ipad! all I see is $$$$$ signs flying out the window. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it all. I get that you have to pay money to build a business, I get that he needs help. The poor Guy is working literally 24/7. This week he has stayed up all night for 2 nights and it is only wednesday. I think he may even be working on Cooper's birthday. He gets mad at me when I complain about it and says that he has to work and has to get money in but geez. To be successful you have to be able to balance life and work. Am I way off base here.

Oh well. Is it bad that I don't really want to do much for Coopers birthday. I think I will make him a cake, give him a few presents and other than that it will be like any other day.

Alright BRB