Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: JuneBugs MAY chat!

oh, we posted at the same time, elena! ita with you!! and my parents TOTALLY favor my sister's kids ESP her oldest son (14) I think bc he and she lived with them when he was born (she was single) and they help her out all the time etc and pay for her kids to go to camp (my parents are poor) and so on....it's really obvious, but oh well. I hope my kids feel that the love i, and more importantly, Christ, has for them and it is more than enough!

Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Problems with parents and in-laws are the main reason we don't make grandparents a big deal in our family. Both our families have had problems with us getting married to begin with my father has control issues and my MIL well she wishes DH was still breast fed - not like he ever was but ykwim. They are CRAZY possessive of the girls and so we kinda cut them off because the weird attention causes the girls to misbehave and act weird - even over the phone. MIL talks baby talk to Zay telling her she "better know grandma and love me because that's important" that's too much pressure and Zaylee know it. Furthermore MIL took Zay from me at 3 days old and wouldn't give her back even though she screamed for 30 minutes because she was hungry. So yeah I'm probably a bit...er..of a hard &$* when it comes to the grandparents - but I don't let my kids act ridiculously so I won't let the parents either lol. Anyway end of my pregnant rant....I'm partially just mad at them tonight anyway so that makes it worse
Old 05-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #13
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jul - Oh I love his 1 shirt!!! Too cute!!!
what's up with the smash cake thing? I've never heard the term before now and suddenly it's everywhere. The only kid of ours thus far to dig into his first bday cake was Zech - and what a mess he made! But Ruthie and Isaac both just stuck one finger in the icing and sucked it off. They ate a piece, but no real mess.
Umm... yeah, that's a bit far for a meal... even a good one, lol. We are going over an hour away on Friday night for dinner ourselves - but it's DH's award dinner, he's getting a (something? pin? ) for 5yrs of work in the school/division. We've got a sitter coming for the older 3, Levi's coming with us because he's not much trouble. I would leave him if we were closer or gone for less time, but we'll be leaving here about 4:30pm, refreshments start at 5:30, dinner at 6:30, and the presentations at 7:30. So by the time it's all done and we drive home we expect it'll be after 10. Just too long to leave him, especially through the evening.
I do hope K's on the mend. Poor tyke.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #14
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

feel better now Mer?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #15
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I keep lurking in the dd month boards, reading birth stories. And lurking to see other's bfps I really don't want to be pregnant right now... well, not enough to really be trying for it... but I'd certainly be over the moon if it happened.
Sorry. Just had to admit that, lol.
On another (?) note, I have no clue what my body is doing. Last night we... were a bit frisky... a bit more rough than normal. Then I thought I saw a pin prick of pink when I pottied afterwards. I thought, all right, AF is coming. But today there's only been one more little pin prick of pink, not even red. Don't know if I can even call it spotting.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #16
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

well, yeah, Elena, I would travel for something like that for your DH! And also, if there was other stuff to do, like a place where K could crawl around, etc...."hey baby, sit in a car for 3 hrs, then sit in a high chair for an hr, then sit in the car for another 3". It's in the middle of amish farm land and NOTHING is around, like the servers were riding their (non-reflective) bikes home when we left on this small road and with their prayer caps and stuff and DH was all, "children of the corn" wigged out

I only started using the smash cake term bc that's what everyone else says . I made my oldest his own cake to do what he wanted to with it, my 2nd got the snowman hat portion of his huge snowman cake, the 3rd had a mickey mouse ice cream cake (I think that was for his 1st lol) and the 4th got a cake to himself...I think. My sis' daughters' made her son get all messy. he wasn't even touching it and they were smacking his hands in it (back in Nov) and putting frosting on his face (bratty ) and we were at my brother's house! so I thought that was unnecessary. If Kailani doesn't want to touch it, more cake for us . But see, for the kids/dh and I party for him, we are doing a "muffin" cake with homemade whipped topping and for the other party, it will be healthy cake or muffin with the homemade whipped topping but in a cupcake size. I don't care what he does with it :shrug:

I'm glad I get along with my ILs and parents. They do some things that drive me a bit batty, but we never see his fam, so the things they do I can ignore.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #17
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Dude, stop posting at the same times as me! LOL!!!! you are pregnant, me thinks
Old 05-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #18
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I junk so to Elena.
I am not ping to do anything crazy like force Jim to eat the cake I just am a sucker pics! I haven't done any prof pics since he was about 4 months so it should be fun. Also she is goin to do some with Ll 3 kids...
Bbl at my douche bag docs office. Sorry foul today!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #19
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oooo look at me all multi-quoting....I've been on DS for 3 years you think I woulda figured it out sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
feel better now Mer?
Yes actually I did lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I keep lurking in the dd month boards, reading birth stories. And lurking to see other's bfps I really don't want to be pregnant right now... well, not enough to really be trying for it... but I'd certainly be over the moon if it happened.
Sorry. Just had to admit that, lol.
On another (?) note, I have no clue what my body is doing. Last night we... were a bit frisky... a bit more rough than normal. Then I thought I saw a pin prick of pink when I pottied afterwards. I thought, all right, AF is coming. But today there's only been one more little pin prick of pink, not even red. Don't know if I can even call it spotting.
I felt the same way until my BFP....I cried, it totally messes with our move and will be a crap ton of paperwork...but after the initial I will be spending an eternity doing paperwork shock I was happy.

I don't know if I would call it spotting either :shrug:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
well, yeah, Elena, I would travel for something like that for your DH! And also, if there was other stuff to do, like a place where K could crawl around, etc...."hey baby, sit in a car for 3 hrs, then sit in a high chair for an hr, then sit in the car for another 3". It's in the middle of amish farm land and NOTHING is around, like the servers were riding their (non-reflective) bikes home when we left on this small road and with their prayer caps and stuff and DH was all, "children of the corn" wigged out

Back in the day Kristi Ally and Tim Allen made a movie about them pretending to be Amish and a little Amish girl wakes up K.A's character and she says "good morning Corn child" in the most hysterical way...of course I find it even funnier as I grew up in Amish country

Quote:
Yeah time to test - someone be pregnant and miserable with me....happy about the pregnancy but at least miserable as a pregnant person

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
I junk so to Elena.
I am not ping to do anything crazy like force Jim to eat the cake I just am a sucker pics! I haven't done any prof pics since he was about 4 months so it should be fun. Also she is goin to do some with Ll 3 kids...
I'm in a foul mood to...kinda. We can be foul together.

AFM: I'm a miserable pregnant woman....but I always am so I'm trying to stay optimistic about it. My pregnancy rage is crazy - mostly due to general stress like money, deployment, and DH not getting ANYTHING ready for me before he left. Other then that - not much here - Henna is trying to suck me dry boob wise and my nipps hurt.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #20
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Nope, AF started this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
I junk so to Elena.
lol, see above to Jul. KUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCo7707 View Post
AFM: I'm a miserable pregnant woman....but I always am so I'm trying to stay optimistic about it. My pregnancy rage is crazy - mostly due to general stress like money, deployment, and DH not getting ANYTHING ready for me before he left. Other then that - not much here - Henna is trying to suck me dry boob wise and my nipps hurt.
Glad you felt better, but sorry you're not a happy preggers mama! See above as to why I won't be testing, lol.

AFM: Yup, that's it for me for now - just AF, meh. I'm kinda scared for this, the first AF after I had Isaac was really bad/messy But I'll manage.