Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Early ultrasound a week off, but sure of my dates

Had my first u/s today. From FAM I am absolutely positive of my O date, got my BFP at 11dpo and expected to measure 6wks/4days. But I only measured 5wks/4days. Tech saw a gestational sac and yolk sac "right where it should be." But no baby yet. Is this cause for concern? Too me it seems like a big deal to be a week off this early in the game. I was so hopeful, expected to see the heart beat today. Now I'm a little sad and unsure. I go back on Wed for another u/s to see if things are progressing. Anybody have experience with this?

UPDATE: 4/18
Not Good. Second u/s showed no progress. Still measuring 5wks 4days. Only Gestational sac and empty yolk sac. Looks like a non viable pregnancy. I started having a tiny bit of brown spotting yesterday. Guess I'm just waiting to miscarry.

Advertisement

Last edited by myblessedbaby; 05-18-2011 at 07:01 PM.
myblessedbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
5littlesweeties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Early ultrasound a week off, but sure of my dates

I was sure of my dates and had my first sonogram at 10 weeks and baby measured 8 weeks 5 days. I was disappointed because I knew that couldn't be right but they changed my date anyway. At my first trimester screening they measured and baby was right on track with my original date so the changed it back. So try not to worry It could still be fine
Old 05-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

First off I want to say congrats, I saw your user name and got all excited. Still love my carrier and the ladies at the above rubies retreat remembered me this year because all I had to do, is tell them I was the one with the carrier with the bold circles and such. :O)

I would not worry, I have heard many go in at that stage and not see baby and even told baby was not there and tell them not nice things and they go back weeks later and baby is totally fine and growing. I always think the 5 to 7 weeks is just to early to go in as it makes many moms worry worry and that is not good for baby. My hope is with you.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I'm trying to stay positive. My doc always does an early dating u/s, since I have irregular cycles. However, I knew I'd be close to 7 weeks at the u/s, so figured it'd be totally fine. I saw the HB with DS at 5 1/2 weeks when I was with an RE, but maybe he had better u/s equipment. Anyways, I'm praying this baby well. Thanks for the positive stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7arrows4God View Post
First off I want to say congrats, I saw your user name and got all excited. Still love my carrier and the ladies at the above rubies retreat remembered me this year because all I had to do, is tell them I was the one with the carrier with the bold circles and such. :O)
Glad you are still enjoying your carrier
Old 05-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
CarolinaMama
Registered Users
seller

I measured a week behind at 20 weeks and they did not change my dates. I have smallish babies so if you are sure of your dates I would try to stick to them. Congratz!!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
HaleysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Normally you can't see a heartbeat really before 7 weeks. The tech freaked me out about not having a viable pregnancy because I had gone in and there was just a gestational sac and yolk sac -- no baby. We had no LMP to go by since I hadn't had a cycle since DD1 had been born.

My "non-viable pregnancy" is asleep upstairs and she's 18months of pure spunk!
HaleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was absolutely positive of my dates with this pregnancy. We only DTD ONCE in November and that was the evening before O, so there was not much window for error. I also have 28 day cycles. I went in for an u/s at 8wks4days for bleeding and baby measured 7wks 5 days. I am now 28wks and baby is still about 5-6 days "behind", but doing well. My OB was not concerned and said some babies just grow a little slower. She also said implantation could have been a little later, too. I wouldn't worry too much, mama.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #8
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

thanks ladies. Those stories sound reassuring. I'm keeping a postive attitude. I physically feel like a normal pregnant woman, so I'm just trying to stay positive and saying a lot of prayers .
Old 05-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was pretty sure of my O date, cd15, confirmed with OPK. We DTD on CD8, 7 days before I was to O thinking we could avoid safely as we have for yrs. I got pregnant and the baby is measuring a few days ahead of what I thought based off Oing on CD15 and the chances of sperm surviving 7 days is pretty slim and has never lasted that long in the 2.5yrs we've been using FAM as well. So either I O'd early, even with a BFP OPK at CD14 and BFN at CD15 or the baby is a fast grower. LOL
So my point is that if you O'd a day or 2 later and then it took a couple days to fertilize it could make half a week's difference, maybe more. Weirder things have happened! Good luck and KUP!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #10
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations Kate! I can understand why you are concerned, but try not to worry. With my first set of twins, I had an u/s at the end of my 5th week. Both babies had gestational sacs with yok sacs, baby B a little smaller, no heartbeat or anything. (Early for that anyway.) A couple of days later at 6wks exactly, I started to bleed, heavily. I couldn't get to the dr. that day (holiday) and since there was nothing that could be done anyway, I waited till the next day. I had the u/s and baby A had grown. She was now an "embryo." Baby B had not. He was still just gestational sac and yok sac. We knew my dates were exact because of the IVF. I was told I was losing baby B, that he should have grown. I went back a week later, 7wks 1 day, for a follow up. Two babies, two heartbeats! He just grew a little slower. He continued to be a little slower for a while. By the time they were born, he was over 2lbs bigger than her.

6.5wks can still be early for a HB. My RE doesn't even do u/s before 7.5wks because he wants to make sure the HB will be seen. He likes to avoid the worry that goes along with an early u/s that doesn't show a HB.

It's hard not to worry. Really though, no bleeding, no cramping and pregnancy symptoms, you are doing great!

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 05-14-2011 at 10:00 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote