Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
Ambystoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many C/S have you had?

I live in a predominantly Catholic area where many people have larger families. I have heard of a couple of moms having 10 c/s with one of the doctors in town. Obviously this is not the best idea, but it happens. I would just discuss with your doc and talk options like double stitching, etc to make everything safer to allow more pregnancies. Since he has experience doing more, I would feel more comfortable if it were me than with another OB who doesn't really do more than 2 on one mom.

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #12
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambystoma View Post
I live in a predominantly Catholic area where many people have larger families. I have heard of a couple of moms having 10 c/s with one of the doctors in town. Obviously this is not the best idea, but it happens. I would just discuss with your doc and talk options like double stitching, etc to make everything safer to allow more pregnancies. Since he has experience doing more, I would feel more comfortable if it were me than with another OB who doesn't really do more than 2 on one mom.
We have discussed this and continue to discuss it. I know the last time my OB did my C/S he did 'double stitch' the incision site or something to help it 'hold up' during future pregnancies. My OB also cleans out any scar tissue (although comments that there is not much) during each C/S to decrease any issues that might be related to the build up of excess scar tissue.

Wow though - 10 C/S - I can't even imagine that right now Who knows though maybe some day !
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What I'd do is ask the doctor to examine your scar tissue and how it's healing during your next c/s, etc if the tissue is holding up, showing signs of strain, isn't healing properly, looks off etc to give you an evaluation of how risky it may be in the future.

Best advice I can offer.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #14
mommyto4boys
Registered Users

i have had 5 c/s in 6.5 years. my doctor told me i could have more. it all depends on how you heal.
mommyto4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #15
annb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My doc is Catholic as well and he has told me about women who have had 10 or maybe more, I don't remember now but I do know he never would put an arbitrary cap on how many you could have.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #16
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have had 2 and VBAC's at home after those.

I have a friend that has had 6.

There is a story on Above Rubies of mama that has had 9.

There is also a you tube video of a mama that had 4 then had a homebirth of twins.

There is a mama in our country that had 5 c-sec. then went on to have a homebirth of a 11lb baby no problem.

Then there is a queen that had I believe 13 c-sec.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #17
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

no personal c/s experience, but a woman from church just had her 4th in January. Also - this was her 4th in just under 5 years and 13 months from the last one.

She did let me know that her doctor advised her against another pregnancy, based on her healing but she they didn't do anything permanent about it and the docs didn't push them too.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #18
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
My sister in law has had 4. She jokes that they installed a zipper the last time.

Ive had three, and have another scheduled for August. DH is getting a vasectomy though when DD is 6mo so this will be it for us. I have a lot of scar tissue from ODSs as he was emergency delivery so that kinda effects things.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #19
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I have had four, and was cautioned against having any more. #4 was AMA based on my third delivery (which was really bad, I bled out) but the fourth went fine, surgery wise. Our family is complete, I would be really scared to undergo another one. My third and especially the fourth were very slow and difficult recoveries in comparison to the first two.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #20
Sam25!
Registered Users
seller

I have had two and getting ready to have my third one next week.Sio far no issues, crossing my fingers everything goes well again.