Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #21
kulaswifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many C/S have you had?

My aunt has had 7 c-sections. Here is a thread she had started
http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1108660

and a video of her 7th c-section
http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1061568

Advertisement

& Emris (6/27/11) Pregnant with #5, a boy! Due 11/10/14
kulaswifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #22
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

I've had 2 (both emergency but I had the bikini cut) and having my third in 4 weeks. This will be it for us!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #23
jessica_m_b3
Registered Users
seller

I have had one and this next pregnancy will hopefully be a VBAC. I had such a horrible recovery from my c-section another one, recovering alone with a toddler and new born in a two story house is just not an option.
jessica_m_b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #24
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

just had my 3rd in march. doc didn't say anything about advising against more, but we think our family is complete (but would accept more if it should happen). mine have been decently spaced. it was 2 years 10 months between child 1 and 2 and the 3 years 6 months between child 2 and 3
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #25
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies for sharing. I'm gonna check out the thread from the lady who has had 7 C/S. My dr. does check scar tissue, etc. after each C/S b/c we talk about having another one each time up until delivery and then even in the OR he'll usually ask again. He's double stitched things and even says this time he'll work on the opposite side from where he usually does so that the knots will be more even and not all on the same side. I can't believe so many people have had 10 C/S or more!
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #26
mmmarmalade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to work with a guy who's wife had 8 perfect c/s. They had number 8 while I was there, but because they only had one boy in those eight, they were going to keep trying for another boy so he wouldn't get estrogen overdosed If your doctor says your fine, and you want more, then go for it!

Marmalade Baby
mmmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #27
Pat899
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post
So, please no flack here...I'm expecting #4 and it will be my 4th C/S. We'd like to have at least 6 kids (maybe more). That being said I know at this point they will all be C/S and I know every person is different and it depends on what your dr.'s say is okay, etc., etc. My dr. says if God gives us a baby, he'll find a way to get the baby out. So, far we've been blessed and never had any complications with any of my C/S and he's given us the go ahead to have more kids and said everything looks great during the surgery.

So, my question for you is...

How many C/S have you had?

I've heard of up to 6 at my dr.'s practice and he always has a second OB in the room at C/S #4 and beyond 'just in case'.

Thanks for sharing...
I am going to be the voice of dissent and say, I think your doctor sounds irresponsible. It doesn't sound like he is basing his advice on your body's ability to handle the surgery or the complications.

If I were you I would get a second opinion from a Dr who is realistic about the risks. Placenta acreata, adhesions, and hemorrhage are your biggest risk factors.

When your doctor pats you on the leg and says don't worry about it we will deliver your baby, they are not really saying anything about safety and risk factors.

Sure some women have 10 c-sections. But some women end up with placenta acreata in thier 2nd pregnancy after only one c-section. Some people smoke their whole lives and live to be 80 but that does not mean smoking is safe.

Last edited by Pat899; 05-17-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Pat899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #28
PerfectFifth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all for sharing! M husband and I want a large family, so I was really bummed when my first ended up in a c-section. It's nice to know that I'm not arbitrarily limited to three! Of course, I still want to try for a VBAC next time around, but this relieves a lot of worry.
PerfectFifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #29
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had 4 and hope to have 2 more babies!!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #30
willowmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am due with #4 in October. This will be my third c-section. Not looking forward to it, and doc advised this might be my section limit if I have bad scarring.
willowmama is offline   Reply With Quote