Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #31
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How many C/S have you had?

This thread is giving me hope. I have had 2 classical C sections and have 5 frozen children. Our goal is to have 2 more children so that would put me at 4 c-sections, however I will not leave any of my frosties behind.

Jennifer (38) - Wife since 12/2003 with 5 children - 3 waiting for me in heaven , and 2 delighting me everyday ! Lymphoma survivor and mother to baby born post pelvic radiation!
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have had 3 c/s and am pregnant with my 4th. My OB is going to let me try a VBAC (uninduced which lowers any risk substantially), but in the end if it doesn't work out then a 4th c/s it will be. During my last c/s the OB said my uterus and scarring looked great and I would be fine having more babies.
Daughter of the Risen King, Loving wife to Joe,

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by Pat899 View Post
I am going to be the voice of dissent and say, I think your doctor sounds irresponsible. It doesn't sound like he is basing his advice on your body's ability to handle the surgery or the complications.

If I were you I would get a second opinion from a Dr who is realistic about the risks. Placenta acreata, adhesions, and hemorrhage are your biggest risk factors.

When your doctor pats you on the leg and says don't worry about it we will deliver your baby, they are not really saying anything about safety and risk factors.

Sure some women have 10 c-sections. But some women end up with placenta acreata in thier 2nd pregnancy after only one c-section. Some people smoke their whole lives and live to be 80 but that does not mean smoking is safe.
My dr. does say that he will find a way to deliver the baby, but he doesn't do this blindly as I think you might have read into my post. After each of my C/S while in surgery he takes note of what is going on in my body and makes a suggestion at that point of whether it would be safe for us to have more children or if there's a risk and what that risk is to me personally. He does look at my specific situation and how my body deals with C/S. So far I've had no problems and he's commented that my body has healed very nicely after each delivery. He has also done things like double stitch my uterus to help with future pregnancies and has an extra OB in the OR just in case. He gives me the risks up front before getting pregnant, after getting pregnant, and before going into the OR. I do know there are risks to having C/S (just as their are risks when delivering vaginally), but I am thankful that God has blessed me with relatively easy deliveries and recoveries and that I have a dr. who supports me.

My 1st C/S was through a different office and they simply had a policy that no one should have more than 3 or at most 4 C/S regardless of the individual and I believe that is unfair and not the type of OB I wanted to continue going to so I have had a 2nd opinion at some point. This 2nd opinion, however, was NOT based on my body but on the NORM and I don't think our family is the NORM with soon to be 4 kiddos anyway !
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #34
No Longer Here
My Mood:

I have had 2 cs and will have my third one in January.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote