Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #11
luckymomma84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had no signs what so ever. I woke up at 4:00 am thinking I had to go to the bathroom. I went and noticed I kinda felt a lil different thought I was just constipated. At about 5 am I had my first contraction and it dropped me to the floor. We went to the hospital they were about 3 mins apart and extremely strong. When they checked me I was 5 cm. I had him at 7:58am that same morning. Crazy!!!!! I was 37 weeks and 3 days I was dilated to a 2 at my app the thurs before but that was really the only sign.. Hang in there munchkin will come

Advertisement

luckymomma84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #12
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone gone into labor without many signs it was coming?

With ds2 I was 31 weeks along and had some back irritation, nothing huge though honestly. Other than that just a 'sense' that I was in labor. No ctx, nothing. Went in to hossy, they argued with me for over an hour telling me I was not in labor....this was to the point that the MONITORS picked up NOTHING at all. So of course, according to the staff, I was not in labor...no pain, nothing on the monitors, etc. Turns out I was, I ended up being at a SIX with the bag bulging out of my cervix. Boy did they feel like asshats. I ended up on mag sulf for 3 days (overdosed, nice right?) then for turb for the remainder of my 4.5 week stay. Fun stuff.

So yes, I was in labor...with zero signs other than mama gut feeling. Dr on call (I phoned the OB office first), who was not my reg OB, even told me I likely just had the flu and needed to go back to bed (it was midnight). I pretty much thought, yeah um screw you.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #13
ellen97
Registered Users
seller

With my second, I went to bed at 9:30 on a Sunday night feeling fine. I was woken up at 12:30am by my water breaking, an hour later contractions started, and at 4:45 my son was born!

Love Scentsy? https://ellendavila.scentsy.us/Home
ellen97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #14
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay!! I love reading these stories! They are so encouraging. Thanks mamas!

Last edited by justineybean; 05-14-2011 at 02:33 PM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #15
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

2 days before I had ds, I was checked for dilation and my cervix was compared to Fort Knox. The doctor had absolutely no hopes of me going in to labor anytime soon but her fingers were crossed for me (I was a vbac and the other doctors were threatening me with an induction at 41 weeks, as if I'd actually show up for it lol!) Anyways, that was on a Monday afternoon and I was 3 days "overdue." Contractions started Wednesday morning and Sam was born 24 hours later. No bloody show, no mucus plug, no water breaking, nothing ahead of time, just BOOM! Timeable contractions and labor
Old 05-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #16
saxychic247
CAUTION! Not responding to issues! File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:

This thread is great for me to read, too... DD was 5 weeks early, and my water broke unexpectedly, and she was born 6 hours later in the hospital.

This pregnancy, I'm almost 38 weeks, and have been having lots of contractions yesterday and today, with no increase in frequency or intensity, but just feeling like crap over all... Hoping for maybe a tomorrow baby or to be awakened in the night by contrax... A girl can dream, right??

Thanks for the stories, mamas!!
saxychic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #17
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh heck yeah! I had NO signs of labor- no bloody show, contractions, no baby dropping, nothing until my due date and she was born 5 hours after my first contraction. I still don't know when my water broke...
Old 05-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #18
Ola_
Registered Users

Yup, my water broke unexpectedly, contractions started about an hour later (as I was trying to get some sleep!), baby arrived 8 hrs later.
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #19
HaleysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had had contractions every five minutes from around 8am-3pm the weekend I was due with #2. They weren't intense and I got through them with barely a pause. They stopped Sunday around 3 and NOTHING until Tuesday morning.

Tuesday morning I had what felt like really bad gas. I was driving and just kinda worked through the bad gas until I could get home. I was stuck in traffic and just happened to note the time 9:44. The pain subsided and another came. 9:48. Another. 9:52.

Oh crap. These "gas pains" are 4 minutes apart! I texted my husband and he started to pack up and head home.

I got home with my 2.5 year old in tow and immediately got in the tub. At this point I wasn't denying that I was in labor and I had tunnel vision for the tub. DH got stuck in the traffic and ended up calling 911 since I was home alone with our daughter and in active labor.

DD2 was born at 11:11am. I never would have made it to the birth center (which was an hour away) or the hospital (only 10 minutes)!

So to sum up -- nope, I had nada. My water finally broke when she was close to crowning (thankfully I was in the tub!!) and I never had bloody show or anything like that. No emptying of the bowels ... nada. One minute I was walking around all huge and pregnant and just over an hour later there was a baby being born in my hallway!
HaleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #20
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleysMommy View Post
I had had contractions every five minutes from around 8am-3pm the weekend I was due with #2. They weren't intense and I got through them with barely a pause. They stopped Sunday around 3 and NOTHING until Tuesday morning.

Tuesday morning I had what felt like really bad gas. I was driving and just kinda worked through the bad gas until I could get home. I was stuck in traffic and just happened to note the time 9:44. The pain subsided and another came. 9:48. Another. 9:52.

Oh crap. These "gas pains" are 4 minutes apart! I texted my husband and he started to pack up and head home.

I got home with my 2.5 year old in tow and immediately got in the tub. At this point I wasn't denying that I was in labor and I had tunnel vision for the tub. DH got stuck in the traffic and ended up calling 911 since I was home alone with our daughter and in active labor.

DD2 was born at 11:11am. I never would have made it to the birth center (which was an hour away) or the hospital (only 10 minutes)!

So to sum up -- nope, I had nada. My water finally broke when she was close to crowning (thankfully I was in the tub!!) and I never had bloody show or anything like that. No emptying of the bowels ... nada. One minute I was walking around all huge and pregnant and just over an hour later there was a baby being born in my hallway!
OK, now I'm kinda scared.....very scared........did you have to deliver yourself or did the 911 guys arrive in time, what an earth did your toddler think. Sounds very cool, but terrifying at the same time...