Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #21
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone gone into labor without many signs it was coming?

I wasn't due for 2 weeks. Baby had dropped a little but at my appt 2 days prior, midwife said she was still pretty high. I got discouraged and thought I'd go late. But all the sudden I woke up and went to the bathroom and saw pink when I wiped. Then I noticed I had a menstrual cramp feeling (not painful though) that was coming every 4 minutes. She was born less than 8 hours later.

Cindy

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #22
4BlindMice
Registered Users
Formerly: Jes****le
seller

My Mood:

Yes and No. With DS there weren't many signs until the day I woke up. I was nesting and full of energy the day before and I had been slightly spotting for a week but my dr said it was okay and didn't necessarily mean anything at that stage- I woke up and was in labor with DS.

With DD, I had had a few braxton hicks the prior days, but nothing out of the ordinary. I got up at 3 am to let my parents on base, they were coming in for Xmas, and nothing. I felt normal. Completely normal. At 4 am I crawled back into bed and 15 minutes later my water broke. Nothing to indicate it was going to happen. I had her a 5:20. :lol:

ISO: xs/small girly trainers & WAHM items for Christmas
4BlindMice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #23
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

1st baby, i had no signs then all of a sudden, POP and i had a nice trickle. i was 37.5 wks. no contractions for hours later
Old 05-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #24
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup with ds1. Didn't have any signs before hand or anything. Woke up from a nap and was having contractions.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #25
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes. Well, kinda. I was squating in front of the fridge at 37w5d and my water broke. I felt and heard it. I hadn't ever felt a contraction before then and they were pretty mild for about the next hour and a half before getting stronger.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #26
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

yep, with my first. my due date came and NOTHING. I was so disappointed being young and inexperienced. I went to a birthday party and ate spicy italian food and drove my little sister to her boyfriend's house down an unpaved road, I went on a 2 mile walk, etc. NO symptoms of labor. The next morning at 3am I woke up to contractions and my daughter was born at 1:19pm the day after her due date. My water didn't break until I'd been in labor for hours and I didn't lose my plug until right befor emy water broke. And she didn't even drop until labor. I mean, I felt like I coulda been pregnant another few months.

Last edited by 3rockstars; 05-16-2011 at 12:02 PM.
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #27
Janet4
Registered Users
seller

Oh how we love to share our birthing stories!!! One thing I've learned (having 4, no drugs) - They are all different. #1 was pretty fast; water broke at beginning of labor. #2 was a bit more effort, but again, water broke at beginning of labor. #3 had lots and lots of braxton hicks that would last for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs, wks before due date. Thought that baby would just pop out. Water would not break. Midwife would not break it b/c head was not engaged. Ended up on pitocin. She did finally come (very quickly at the end), but she seemed to need a bit of encouragement. #4 labor was all over the map; couldn't get a read as to where I was. Finally went in to my birth center and midwife didn't think I was delivering anytime soon, but said I could "hang around" for a hour or so. That was about 1pm & she was born at 4:15pm. Even midwives can't really predict how quickly (or slowly) things will progress. I was a bit nervous w/#4 b/c I have a sister who had no signs of labor, just really tired and uncomfortable, who ended up delivering her 4th on her knees in the bathroom. She just thought she needed to go to the bathroom, water popped & head crowned all at once. And this baby was about 10lbs!! She said she wouldn't have chosen for it to happen that way, but it was by far her easiest delivery!!
Janet4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #28
Nicoleoleole
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yup. Absolutely no sign except a clear out the night before but I thought it was just random lol gas bubble, sat up, waters broke.
Mommy to Aeri, born 17June2010 and TTC#2.
My blog: The Happy Natural Baby
Nicoleoleole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #29
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

yes and no.

All 3 times I had a lot of emotional signals for a week or two beforehand. I "felt" different. I suddenly felt the urge to walk and move more, and at odd hours. I felt like I need more air, more sleep, less food. I felt short tempered. And I cleaned every inch of everything.

But at the time, in the midst of being so huge and uncomfortable, I didn't recognize those signs as signs at all, jsut as the last days of pregnancy.

I love my mucous plug for weeks beforehand, too.

Overall, my early labor phase seems to be very long.

But if no one tells me I'm early labor and I just go about my business, my "actual" labor is REALLY fast - about 2 hrs based on my last 2 births. I just wake up (both times) and then go have a baby. lol.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:33 PM   #30
phridae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had no signs until my water broke walking to my car! Day after my due date. No cramps, no contractions. I honestly don't remember having BH contractions at all during my pregnancy.

using my iPod. Watch out for inappropriate typos!