Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hives all over my body 7 weeks pg

Hi mamas!

I have been very nauseated for a week and the doctor offered me a prescription for Zofran. i took it on Sun and it did wonders. I took it on Monday again an that night I broke out in horrible hives all over my body. Very itchy very bothersome! I did see my doctor today and was told it is either allergic reaction to Zofran or pregnancy hormones are making me break out. I have not had this problem when pg with my DS.
I also had some spotting yesterday which I addresses with the doctor too and she didn't make a big deal out of it.
Of course this didn't calm my fears. I had a pap smear yesterday morning and am having a little bit of brown spotting. Really tiny bits.
Have you had anything like this in your pregnancies? I am just so worried about this bean, this pregnancy has been very tough on me with the ms and now the hives...I started taking benadryl for the hives.
I have no nausea and I don't know if it's the benadryl that is helping it or I am losing this bean...

Advertisement

Last edited by vittoriosmom; 05-17-2011 at 07:11 PM.
vittoriosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
bootiecutie
Registered Users

Re: Hives all over my body 7 weeks pg

my friend got hives for week at about 9 weeks... no zofran, second pregnancy (no hives first pregnancy).
S, hippy-elitist-turned-semi-redneck mama to DD, 3, expecting #2 10/14/11
bootiecutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The spotting is most likely due to the pap test. I always spot after.

Can you try another drug for the sickies?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The doc said that benadryl is likely to help me with the hives and ms... I am just soooooo not strong enough to survive ms without a major breakdown...I want to try to protect myself and not get attached to the pg but it is so hard.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:40 AM   #5
becky1231
Registered Users

I had brown spotting early on with my second pregnancy and I totally freaked out about. I called the Dr. and they didn't say much other then it was probably due to some trauma to the cervix like the pap I had just or possibly from have relations with the DH. I went on to have a totally normal healthy pregnancy.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #6
Lydia'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Praying for you. Calm nerves, although difficult to find and keep, can to wonders for your physical symptoms as well. Try as much as you can to pray or meditate or whatever you can to find peace amongst the uncertainties. It's amazing what physical symptoms can be helped with just finding peace in amongst it all. IF the hives continue past the 1st trimester, you might want to look into and ask around about Dandelion Root as a natural way to treat them. It's not really 'tested' per say for use in pregnancy but I know some midwives will suggest it for use in PUPP cases? Also, oatmeal baths will calm your skin and your nerves. Or if you're not a bath person grind some oatmeal yourself and add it to one of those googled DIY shower scrub recipes and you can gently pat the oatmeal on in the shower. Oatmeal is amazing for itchy and irritated skin. And heat worsens itch so cool showers, don't let yourself get overheated, loose clothing, and patting dry instead of rubbing. (I have a skin condition that worsens with pregnancy so I'm getting lots of practice treating the itchies w/o having to resort to a medical dose of Claritin daily like with my first pregnancy)
Old 05-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
kelseyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have gotten hives/itchy rashes during pregnancy. It would start on my stomach and sometimes be on other places like arms and legs. This pregnancy it was early on like around 5-8 weeks. With my last pregnancy it was later on like 14 weeks. It didn't stick around the entire pregnancy, just for a week or two. I looked exactly like hives and was itchy. Try not to worry about it. I know that's hard to do though.
kelseyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So... I woke up this morning COVERED head to toe. Everything was itchy. i looked in the mirror and my face was all red and swollen... I went to the ER and they checked my heart rate and it was 240!!!!! All of a sudden i was on a hospital bed and there was 5 doctors trying to keep me from having a heart attack... When i saw all these people in the room hooking me up to am EKG machine and poking my veins i had the first amd the worst anxiety attack. I xouldn't breath, tears were running down my cheeks and I was just freaking out. They ended up talking me out of it.
I was given a strong dose of steroids via IV and benadryl also in the IV. it was really bad. My skin looked so diseased and horryfying.
I am going to take steroids for 5 days now and i am praying that the baby will be ok!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my! So was it a severe reaction to the zofran? How scary!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes it was a severe allergic reaction to Zofran! It was the scarriest thing ever. it wouldn't be as bad if I wasnt preggo. But I was scared for 2 lives at a time.And so were all the doctors.My hives are still here, flat instead if bumpy and not itchy. I hope the steroids dont affect the little bean.

Last edited by vittoriosmom; 05-18-2011 at 07:20 PM.
vittoriosmom is offline   Reply With Quote