Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
Banned - User Requested
Cramping and Labor

Last night I started to loose my plug and am still losing some of it this morning. For the last hour or so I have had this annoying cramping - like menstrual cramps. Everything I read says that they could be early contractions and to time them but I cant time them because they never really go away... Has anyone experienced this? I am getting really irritated and when I call friends for advise then think I am crazy. I feel like I eat some bad food and my stomach hates me - low cramps... going to the bathroom... TMI sorry!! Did anyone have low menstrual cramps before labor? Could you time them?

** This is my first so I have know idea what to expect...

CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
formerly t***_m**_r*****
Re: Cramping and Labor

Defiantly sounds like early labor mama. Drink up and rest.
Partner to S
Parental unit to DD (16), DD (11), DS (9).
ms_mcnann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
Registered Users

Same thing happen to me but my water broke. We waited around the house for 3 hours trying to time them before headed to the hospital. I was never able to time mine. Good Luck for easy labor.
Earn free Gift cards by searching with Swagbucks.
BeckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Yep - thats exactly what happened to me! Lost my plug, started having non-painful (but annoying) menstral like cramps and diarreha. A good way to tell for sure - get in a warm bath. If the cramps stop, its not labor, if they keep coming, you're most likely on your way I felt like that for probably 5-6 hours before actual active labor hit, then I started timing my contractions. GL mama!
K&K My little firecracker Lennon 10.09, crying before he fully emerged and My little sweetheart Indi 6.12, born smiling
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

I've been having cramps off and on for DAYS. I'm 38 weeks. Mostly it's in the evening, but it feels just like I'm having my period. I agree that it your stop, it's just pre-labor, body getting ready, if they keep up, you will probably start labor soon.

Just remember that even if "real" labor doesn't start today, all the cramping and discomfort is leading up to it and also probably making some changes. I went from 1cm to 2cm in a week (yeah, slow) from all the cramps and stuff going on. The more that happens relatively painlessly before "real" labor starts, the better.
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

Yep, that's how mine started. Cramps every ten minutes, then the going to the bathroom every 15 minutes. I told myself it was "early labor". 4.5 hours later my daughter was born. Hope it goes fast for you!
Sara- mommy to Claire (01/10) and Micah (3/12) and someone new (10/14)
Birth doula and life-long student of Everything! Need a doula in the central VA area? Let's talk!
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
Registered Users

That's how my labor started also! Drink up and rest! Good luck!
Proud Navy Wife to Andy, SAHM to Charlie(5/1/2009) Oliver 9/29/2011
Cloth diapering, baby wearing, extended nursing, extended rear facing, co-sleeping, attachment parenting mamma!
jessica_m_b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have been having the same menstrual like cramps since Sunday and I haven't gone in to labor. In fact my midwife checked me on Tuesday (because I asked her to) and there was no change from the week before (I was contracting every 2 to 3 minutes that whole night). So it could be early labor or as my midwife calls is an irritable uterus.
Katie wife to Jeff, mother to C (02/13/09) and J (05/30/11) .
nursekatie is offline   Reply With Quote