Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:
Rosie Pope Maternity Concierge

Has anyone else watched this ridiculous show!?

I am watching it right now and this lady had an oil painting of her done NAKED ON A HORSE! then she revealed it to her husband (surprise!) and all her friends at a party at an art gallery!

I told DH I'm getting some great ideas for Father's Day

EtA: it was supposed to be a maternity picture but she had the baby like 4wks early so she did it holding the baby instead

Advertisement

Last edited by USMCgirl_05; 05-21-2011 at 04:44 PM.
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rosie Pope Maternity Concierge

I shamefully admit to DVRing the series. Sometimes I think she has good suggestions and ideas. I did like the episode where she took the girl opposed to bfing to a class to learn more about it and even though the class freaked her out she ended up bfing 4 months.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've only seen the first episode, but it looks pretty interesting. I can't seem to ever catch it when it's on though!

But a naked painting shortly after having a baby? That woman either has some rocking self-confidence, or a really good trainer!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley View Post
I shamefully admit to DVRing the series. Sometimes I think she has good suggestions and ideas. I did like the episode where she took the girl opposed to bfing to a class to learn more about it and even though the class freaked her out she ended up bfing 4 months.
I know! I thought that was awesome...even though I REALLY disliked that woman, because I'm like the opposite of her I'm like, dude if you don't like needles how about a natural birth EH!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.timms View Post
I've only seen the first episode, but it looks pretty interesting. I can't seem to ever catch it when it's on though!

But a naked painting shortly after having a baby? That woman either has some rocking self-confidence, or a really good trainer!
I know! She did say that her body pretty much magically snapped right back into shape, I think she was just really lucky.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05 View Post
I know! I thought that was awesome...even though I REALLY disliked that woman, because I'm like the opposite of her I'm like, dude if you don't like needles how about a natural birth EH!??

I know! She did say that her body pretty much magically snapped right back into shape, I think she was just really lucky.
seriously right!! I liked how Rosie was like um didn't you think about the needles phobia before you got pregnant??

A lot of the things are super over the top but it's fun. I also really thought the one girl who said a 7lb baby was just to heavy for her to hold. Really, I mean really??
Old 05-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

Honestly a lot of them are just spoiled rich girls who expect everything to be done for them, it's like a train wreck and I just can't look away!

there have been a couple moms who seem like genuinely nice people though.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't know... a naked preggo picture on a horse doesn't sound that weird to me. Not that I would personally want one, but a lot of women want to memorialize their pregnant bodies (belly casts, photo shoots, and all that). I'm guessing horses are pretty special to her.

But then, I've got a lot of artistic, non-standard friends, so maybe weird things just seem normal to me now.

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #8
MyLovely
Registered Users

I admit to loving this show. Rosie seems like a really nice and intelligent woman.

The couples they help are just nuts though! My favorite was the couple who had the think tank assemble names and then test them with a separate team.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #9
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovely View Post
I admit to loving this show. Rosie seems like a really nice and intelligent woman.

The couples they help are just nuts though! My favorite was the couple who had the think tank assemble names and then test them with a separate team.

I think some of the moms are REALLY ridiculous, but Rosie handles it well and seems like she knows what she's doing. I enjoy it.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #10
Taylor
Registered

I watched a few of the shows yesterday as there seemed to be a marathon going on. The only part I didn't like about Rosie was how insistent she was with one of the moms about needing a diaper pail, a stroller, the nursery completely ready, etc. I don't exactly agree with all that - but whatever. She definitely puts up with a lot of crap from these posh ladies and all while she's struggling with her own fertility issues.