Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Carolyn528
Registered Users
seller

Really need support today!!

I'm 37 weeks this week and my moodiness is out of control (my control anyway!).
DH has been tolerant of my recent bad mood (read complete b@$&@) but today announced that he will be away Sunday-Friday. At first he was going this week. Then as the argument progressed it was "a week or two after the baby comes, because you think i'm useless anyway." (I did say this and then apologize earlier this week).
I also made the point that his whereabouts have a deffinate impact on my life, and his response was to tell me to stop kidding myself.
He wants to go to car auctions in Arizona and bring the cars to DC (where we live) to sell them. He has been trying to get a car reselling business going for some time now. Aparently auctions in our area are too expensive or something. I have yet to get a straight answer.
I'm just like what the?!?
How would you handle this with your DH?

Oh and by the way, we also have a 2 year old and 8 year old twins, one with special needs. And this baby will come by c-section.

Advertisement

B 6/9/11
Due 10/30
Carolyn528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
justarib
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Really need support today!!

Pregnant with my first, the moodiness was really strange to me- I thought I was crazy! But DH dealt with it and understood that it's just what happens with all the hormones in pregnancy(plus he works around high strung nurses in the ER so he has a grasp of how women can be). I would just talk to him and make the point that I don't mean to belittle him or treat him badly- I'd ask forgiveness and just be the bigger person(rather suffer wrong for love's sake, you know?)
That's just how I am though. Marriage is one of the toughest experiences in life- but it's definitely a lesson of commitment and true love.
"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends."
God bless you and yours!
justarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There is no way in hell my DH would be going out of town right after I gave birth, especially if I had to have a c sec.
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #4
gabmaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry that this is one more thing that stresses you out, and my how the stress can build during pregnancy! I always feel overwhelmed. It's easy to take it out on our partners, because for the most part they are loving and understanding, but I think sometimes they wonder - is this just the pregnancy or is it how my wife really feels, deep down? Sounds like he's acting out, trying to get a different reaction from you.

If he's hell bent on going to arizona, tell him to go now, and maybe someone can come help you out with the kids. Maybe write him a letter, about the things you appreciate about him. You'll need him to be around when the baby is born, and he'll regret not being there for the little one also.

take care,
gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Carolyn528
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the advice and thoughts. I don't understand what his problem is. He picked a fight with my dad this morning (we're staying with him at the moment). DH was really rude to him and my dad told him to get out. He packed a bag and got in a
cab. All he said to me was that I had nothing to do with it, it was between him and my dad, and not to get involved. He
said he'll be in touch.
I'm so mad at him right now! I can't believe he took off and that he's being so selfish!
B 6/9/11
Due 10/30
Carolyn528 is offline   Reply With Quote