Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cloudy Urine

Does this mean anything? I don't remember experiencing this with my DS, but I definitely am today. Is this a sign of anything?

Advertisement

Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
jessica_m_b3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Cloudy Urine

It could be a yeast infection. I'd call your doctor's office just in case.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
smom050811
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Urinary tract infections also cause this. Check with your Doc!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. - Plato
smom050811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It can be an infection, vaginal discharge or dehydration. I would make sure you get a lot of fluids (especially water) and if it's still like that and you aren't having a lot of cervical mucous then I'd call or go in.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I agree-go in. I had this for a couple of weeks, ignored it (can be caused by eating a lot of dairy, or having a lit of CM). Then I had a couple of days where I was crampy, went to the doc, and I had a raging bladder infection with no other symptoms.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

It COULD be an infection, but in your 2nd trimester, it is more likely leukorrhea coloring your urine as it passes out. Especially w/ no other symptoms. Do you find yourself a little, ehem... juicier than usual?

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydaysunshine View Post
It COULD be an infection, but in your 2nd trimester, it is more likely leukorrhea coloring your urine as it passes out. Especially w/ no other symptoms. Do you find yourself a little, ehem... juicier than usual?
I don't have any other symptoms...and normal preggo "wetness." I just have read that it could be a symptom of Pre-E, and that FREAKS me out!
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had pre-e with my first and didn't have cloudy urine (although I did have protein in my urine often, it was not visible). If you have pre-e, you'd most likely have other symptoms (severe headache, swelling, seeing spots/blurred vision, ringing ears, hot and flushed, etc...). It is possible that it's nothing (even if you don't notice extra CM, it can get washed into your urine). However, it is possible to have infections (BV, yeast, UTI, etc) without other symptoms. If you can stop by your OB or PCP's office, they can rule out ketones (GD), protein (pre-e), and infections just by dipping it. It would probably be worth the piece of mind. Some pharmacies carry the protein, yeast, bacteria, and ketone strips that you can pick up (usually have to ask the pharmacist) too.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Make sure you are doing a 'clean catch'. Pee first and then take a urine sample. You will most likely find that your second catch(a 'clean catch') isn't cloudy!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #10
Laina83
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am very prone to UTIs and have been relying on baking soda to help ward them off. If you don't have any other symptoms (itching, burning, flank pain-can't say much for increased frequency because I'm sure you're peeing more than usual anyway!), try adding 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of water and chug it (tastes kinda ew). It works by raising the pH of your urine which makes it much less favorable for the growth of any bacteria. All natural and quick acting! I've managed to stave off any UTIs for years doing this. Really up your water intake too. Hope this helps!
Laina83 is offline   Reply With Quote