Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone have prodromal labor that stopped for awhile at some point?

Long story short, 35 weeks this past Monday, contrax started Sunday and have been steady 24/7 since then. I'm well aware that this could go on for another month and am resigned to that... but I thought I'd check and see if maybe anyone ever had this and had it STOP at some point for a day or few so that they got a break? I'm so so tired right now (DD who's now decided to sleep like a newborn isn't any help ATM), and the thought of a possible break would be a nice ray of hope.

Anyone?

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Yes, with the last one it started at 34-35 weeks and would be in waves, irregular ctrx. Would last at times for hours, then would quit. Since you are only 35 weeks, I would make sure you drink plenty of water and do not overdo it, at least until closer to term.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
starfairy1980
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone have prodromal labor that stopped for awhile at some point?

Mine started on my EDD, would last all night, then once the sun came up, they'd stop. This went on for 4 days. It probably would have gone on longer, if my MW hadn't admitted me to the hospital for high bp/protein in my urine.
starfairy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Oh, I should add that if you are doing something to "prep" your uterus/cervix for labor, i.e. red raspberry leaf tea, EPO, etc., you may want to stop for a few weeks. Those things can cause pdl, and honestly if you are having it fairly constantly this early on I would personally do everything in my power to get it to stop. Of course, I had a preemie, so I don't mess around with this stuff, not before 37 weeks at least.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL... no prepping happening here. If she comes before 37 weeks, I risk out of the BC, and I NEEEEED her to stay put until at least 37-5 when my "maternity leave" (end of 2/4 WAH jobs) starts. But as she dropped right at 34 weeks, I should have known that she'd have her own timetable.

The problem with the "rest often" thing I keep reading is that I have my DD and then another little guy from about 6:30am-4:30pm. We have no fenced yard to play in, and our weather has been universally crappy this year anyway. Our townhome is built on three levels, so going anywhere requires stairs. DC guy weighs 32lbs so just getting him in his high chair or crib is physically exhausting. There's really no one that can help me during the day. I tried going to bed really early last night to get some sleep and ended up lying awake for four hours with a severe case of twitchy legs. Same thing when I tried to nap today. I just don't know what to do.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Mine were off and on for weeks with each pregnancy. I would go up to 36 hours with regular contractions and then they would end and start up again every few days.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote