Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:
VBA3C

Has anyone had a VBA3C before? My OB gave me the okay to try since the only reason I had the first was for fetal distress and the 2nd was a failed half attempted induction and the 3rd was just because of the first 2. I am SO EXCITED!! But also a little apprehensive... I know how my body handles C/S and I know how I recover with them. Labor will be something that I can't even really remember (it will be 11 years) and recovery from a vaginal birth I am unfamiliar with. Just wondering others experience.

Advertisement

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: VBA3C

In a controlled environment, I would say go for it, if your OB is supportive. Good luck mama!
apurkeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
ds1997
Registered Users
Formerly: lilac0422
seller
seller

I think you are actually experiencing something very special and you won't find many others that were given the chance. It is so hard to find a care provider that is confident and able to allow a VBAC let alone a VBA3C. I wish you all the best!!
ds1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds1997 View Post
I think you are actually experiencing something very special and you won't find many others that were given the chance. It is so hard to find a care provider that is confident and able to allow a VBAC let alone a VBA3C. I wish you all the best!!

100%

AWESOME that you have a supportive provider - it is all too uncommon unfortunately!!

You can do this mama, your body was made to birth this baby.

VBAC tips:

* Join your local ICAN chapter first - right now!
* Birth at home or a birth center if possible (I know it isn't a "legal" option many times as it wasn't for me!).
* Birth with a nurse-midwife if you can't birth at home
* Use an OB as a last resort and find a TRULY VBAC friendly one!
* Birth in a VBAC friendly hospital
* Do not induced unless medically necessary (and that does NOT mean post-dates, that means preeclampsia, ect..)
* Do not allow any interventions such as breaking your water, augmenting with pitocin, ect..
* Work with gravity! Do not take your labor lying down! Get up, get moving. Walk, bounce on the birth ball, squat, lunge, dance, sway.
* Eat and drink. Do not lose your strength!
* Use support. Have a huge support system. Make sure your partner knows what you want and can help you.
* Hire a doula!
* Ultimately - TRUST YOURSELF and TRUST IN BIRTH! Don't allow yourself to be consumed in scare tactics. You know there is a risk, understand that, own it, and move past it. Do not dwell of "what if". You can do this. Your body was made for this.
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella08 View Post
100%

AWESOME that you have a supportive provider - it is all too uncommon unfortunately!!

You can do this mama, your body was made to birth this baby.

VBAC tips:

* Join your local ICAN chapter first - right now!
* Birth at home or a birth center if possible (I know it isn't a "legal" option many times as it wasn't for me!).
* Birth with a nurse-midwife if you can't birth at home
* Use an OB as a last resort and find a TRULY VBAC friendly one!
* Birth in a VBAC friendly hospital
* Do not induced unless medically necessary (and that does NOT mean post-dates, that means preeclampsia, ect..)
* Do not allow any interventions such as breaking your water, augmenting with pitocin, ect..
* Work with gravity! Do not take your labor lying down! Get up, get moving. Walk, bounce on the birth ball, squat, lunge, dance, sway.
* Eat and drink. Do not lose your strength!
* Use support. Have a huge support system. Make sure your partner knows what you want and can help you.
* Hire a doula!
* Ultimately - TRUST YOURSELF and TRUST IN BIRTH! Don't allow yourself to be consumed in scare tactics. You know there is a risk, understand that, own it, and move past it. Do not dwell of "what if". You can do this. Your body was made for this.
THIS!! Well written!

and definitely find a ICAN chapter to rally support - they will help you!!

I've had 3 c-sections, if I have a fourth baby I will try for VBA3C.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #6
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations on finding a supportive care provider! You have been given some great tips already, so I won't rehash them.

Here is a great article on VBAC that you might find encouraging.
http://midwifethinking.com/2011/02/2...of-a-molehill/
Old 05-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #7
nattysmum07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's awesome! I'm so jealous! My Dr won't let me VBA2C and my 1st was vag!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
HLCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: diapermamaagain
seller

My Mood:

Wow! That's awesome!

I have an appointment tomorrow with my favorite (REALLY HONEST) OB. I plan on asking him if I go into labor on my own (this is my problem. My body has never had the chance, so I've had 3 c/s) could I try for a natural birth.

I think you were given some GREAT advice already! Hope things go well for you mama!! Good Luck!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #9
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have had vaginal after 2 c-sec. But there is a you tube video on here somewhere of a mama that had a vaginal birth of twins after I believe 4 c-sec. And there is a lady in our area that had a vaginal birth after 5 c-sec. Off course neither of these at the hospital. And there are other stories on line of after 3 or more.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks ladies for your thoughtful advice and kind words of encouragement! I am really excited about this. My OB's exact response when I asked was "if you make me" to which I just smiled and said okay . We talked some more about it and she said once I reached the hospital, I would have to be continuously monitored. This I knew and said something like well laboring at home will be what we do then... I am hoping that she will show my hubby how to check me. We live an hour away from the hossie and I do want to stay at home until I am at least 5cm hopefully more...

I just joined my local ICAN yahoo group and I hope that I can make it to a meeting, but they meet on nights that I work, so we will have to see. I also am planning on having a doula this time... I think my 1st pregnancy ended so badly because I was pushed into doing things that I did not want and were very specific about on my birth plan. And to make matters worse, it was a MW that pushed things... she had a typical MD mindset of get it done before 5pm when she was leaving... sigh... With extra support and someone who isn't in pain or overwhelmed because his wife was in pain will benefit us!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote