Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #21
dornmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many weeks would you be willing to go "overdue" before being induced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake View Post
42 weeks here, but I would want NSTs and close monitoring for at least the last week.
I've had a full term loss so those last few weeks are unbelievably nerve wracking for me but I've also had a 36 weeker and would prefer to allow baby to come when he.she is ready as long as proper monitoring was happening and baby was doing well.

Advertisement

Terra, wife to James (10.16.05), mama to Sasha (born via c/s 8.4.06), my sweet angel boy in heaven Glenn (born still on 5.2.08 my VBAC angel), George (born via VBAC on 11.17.09), June 2011 and September 2011 .
dornmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #22
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah'sMama View Post
my midwives said anywheres from 38-42wks is normal gestation. so i personally wouldnt go for an induction before 42weeks. but like pp nst's are probably a good idea.
This

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #23
crunch!910
Registered Users

YOu are not post dates until after 42 weeks.

I'd go to 42 weeks, and then if baby hadn't came yet, I'd start doing NSTs and wait it out until baby was ready to come. If I went past 44 weeks, I'd be induced.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #24
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:

There is not a medical professional that would allow anyone with good dating to go to 44 weeks. You would be hard pressed to find a medical professional that would allow a woman to go past 42 weeks.

Birth is a physiological process, not one that the baby decides. Planning a birth to go the way you want is like planning the digestion of the hamburger you ate for dinner. Babies don't "decide" to come and the mother has little to no control over the physiological process of birth.
apurkeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #25
Angel89411
Banned

I would NOT go past 42. I may be likely to give the go ahead at 41. DS was induced 12 days "late" and there was mecomium in my water when they broke it. Luckily I delivered fast and nothing bad came from it. Still made me nervous and worried and I hate to think what may have happened.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #26
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

42 weeks minimum
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #27
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorkable Ellyn View Post
Honestly it would depend on the baby, and how I'm doing. I'm all for letting the baby come on their own time, but when I'm crying and would rather die than be pregnant one more minute after the due date has passed I'd be doing everything I can to speed up the process. That being said, I'd be hard pressed to induce unless it was past 42 weeks just simply because inducing is SO much worse and harder on the body than going into labor on your own. But every baby is different. I know some of my friends whose pregnant with their third child and the first two had to be coaxed out of the womb after 42 weeks AND inducing happened.
Some babies love it in there too much
that was me about 2 weeks ago this LO was 10 days late, and that's off my adjusted due date - she would have been 41w6d according to my LMP.

i would not have gotten induced, though, especially since i had an HBAC. i choose natural induction methods - walking, sex, EPO, RRL, and finally castor oil (no membrane stripping due to GBS+).

hang in there mama, it sucks to go past when you thought you'd have a baby in your arms, but it's worth it. my DD is so healthy, alert, and strong. she knew when she needed to come
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #28
jennak
Registered Users
seller

42 weeks.
I was induced at 42 weeks and DD was born at 42 wks 3 days, but I had an NST and a BPP during that last week.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #29
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel894 View Post
I would NOT go past 42. I may be likely to give the go ahead at 41. DS was induced 12 days "late" and there was mecomium in my water when they broke it. Luckily I delivered fast and nothing bad came from it. Still made me nervous and worried and I hate to think what may have happened.
Meconium in the fluid occurs in about 1/4 of births past 40 weeks, since the bowels are maturing. It is only a problem if the baby becomes stressed to the point of trying to breath in utero. Just one more reason to avoid interventions that heighten the risk of increased stress, such as pitocin augmentation if at all possible.

Last edited by songbird516; 05-25-2011 at 08:14 PM.
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #30
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
Meconium in the fluid occurs in about 1/4 of births past 40 weeks, since the bowels are maturing. It is only a problem if the baby becomes stressed to the point of trying to breath in utero.
Meconium is present mainly due to stress. When the baby is stressed the anal spincter relaxes and meconium is released. When a baby becomes hypoxic in utero the incidence of inhaling the meconium increases.
apurkeyp is offline   Reply With Quote