Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

Should my with me or my parents the night before being induced?

I am schedualed to go in Monday night at 8 pm to be induced Tuesday morning. My Dr said when I get there they will check my cervix and may (Probably will) give me cervidil. My 3yo can stay the night with my parents but I think I want her to stay with me since it will be the last night I have just her. I'm used to sleeping with her so she can sleep in the bed with me. Hubby won't be able to sleep with me anyway I don't think and I like to snuggle : )

I wasn't induced the first time so I don't know how things work......do they come in alot during the night or do they let you sleep? and what exactly does the cervidil do? Does it make you have contractions at all or just help ready the cervix? I want her to get a good night sleep so she will be well rested and hopefully happy at the hospital when I'm in labor and when she meets her new baby sister. I just don't know if it would be best for her to be with me or at my parents.

Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Should my with me or my parents the night before being induced?

I would say to let her stay at your parents. When I was induced with DS I didn't sleep from the time I got to the hospital to the time I had him. There were just nurses in and out to check me and give me this and give me that and they made me leave the monitors on the entire time. So I was really uncomfortable, and every time I moved they would lose the heartbeat on the monitor and have to come in and adjust, etc. I just don't think yall will be getting much rest. From my experience I would say spend the night before snuggling and bonding as much as you can, and let her stay at your parents the night of. That way it's not messing with her schedule so much, kwim?

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks Rachel, Not what I wanted to hear but your probably right.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #4
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I agree send her to the parents.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I say parents too. I kwym, I would want a cuddily night w/ DS too, but hospitals are busy places, and dirty :/ I still think DS got roto from visiting Dada.

From what I have read cervidil can start labor, and since it's not your first its more likely
Old 05-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had an overnight induction with my first, and there were people in and out all night, the halls were noisy, and we just didn't get any sleep. I would say if it's important for her to get a good night's sleep, have her stay with your parents.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree about sending her to your parents. I had a friend that was induced with cervidil and she was in a GREAT amount of pain...so much so that they removed it, but her pain didn't stop. They started her on it at night too and she didn't sleep a wink and was in A LOT of pain...I wouldn't want my LO to see my like that sorry it's not what you want to hear !
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Your hospital is much more family friendly than ours. They will not allow that. They SUCK!!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

I had that and remember them checking in on me (but I also had HELLP at that point), and then it did actually start my labor and things moved very fast. My water broke at 5AM and I was in labor and had the baby before noon.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
Abbaloosa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have not been induced, but spent the night for monitoring before a c-section. I agree with the pp's...I got no sleep. Plus those beds aren't very big, monitors are in the way, it's not ever all the way dark, etc. Probably less stressful for her to stay with her grandparents.
Abbaloosa is offline   Reply With Quote