Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #21
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Well fudge!

I don't know what to say since I passed all 4 of mine even though I had one baby end up being 10 pounds and the docs all wondered if that test was botched LOL

But I do want to wish you luck

Advertisement

Old 06-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #22
blessed3times
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I failed my one hour and my three hour with my 3rd baby. I had to go to get all this info on Gestational Diabetes and one of the monitors. I had to take my own blood sugar 3 times a day and it was never high!! But, my baby did weigh 9lbs 14oz and was 22.5 inches long and they induced me 2 weeks early!

My niece had a baby who was 6lbs 2oz at birth and she had failed her 1 hour, but passed the 3 hour. When he was born, his blood sugar was low and he was in the hospital for over a week until they could get 48 hours worth of good numbers. I guess babies born to mothers with GD can have low blood sugar when they are born. I tell you that, because her dr said she may have had GD but it didn't show up for some reason when she was tested. I don't know though b/c that was a little teeny tiny baby. Of course, she did smoke too.

Anyway, yeah, do not whatever you do in any circumstance in a million trillion years drink the cola one!! Go for the orange!

Hope everything works out for you!

Lori
Old 06-07-2006, 12:11 PM   #23
clothluvinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i failed my 1 hr w/ both but passed the 3 hr its a pib though
Old 06-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #24
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

LOL, I'd rather just have coca-cola, LOL. It would probably ruin coke for me for the rest of my life! My son was over 8 lbs (all babies in my family are, though) and they tested his blood sugar. I asked why and they said "Oh, we test all big babies." LOL, I didn't even think he was that big. Well, if I do fail my 3 hour and I do watch my diet the only good thing that could come out of it all is that the twins could be a little bigger at birth, LOL. Not that I'm happy for why they would be bigger, but at least they wouldn't come out at 4 lbs. (hopefully) or anything, LOL.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #25
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

I failed my one hour and barely passed my 3 hour with the girls. I was already 28 weeks pregnant and they were scheduled to be born in a month so the doctor let it go. It was really hard to fast for the 12 hours. I had to lay down for most of my wait because I felt weak from not eating or drinking. I suggest bringing a snack to eat afterwards. My snack was two bagel sandwiches, a large chocolate milk and a salad...LOL.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:58 PM   #26
Kimmomy2dom
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Oh yeah! I remember reading that somewere but thanks for the reminder! I'll take some granola bars or something with me. We'll get done a little before lunch so I think we're going out to lunch with my mom afterwards. I'll try not to pig out too much on snacks when I'll be eating lunch, too! I'll go write myself a note! Thanks for reminding me!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:10 PM   #27
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejahd
I have a girlfriend who at thier GTT in her Dr.'s practice they give the ladies a choice between eating a premeasured hersheys bar or drinking the drink. I was totally jealous!!
Chocolate is a TERRIBLE choice for a GTT!! Seriously, I'm quite a bit taken aback that they would use it! The high fat level in chocolate DELAYS the absorbtion of the sugar... you simply would NEVER get an accurate GTT that way! So don't be jealous, just be thankful you got an accurate test
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #28
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

Kim, hope the 3hr goes well for you! Sending healthy vibes your way!
Old 06-07-2006, 03:46 PM   #29
Kimmomy2dom
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Bethany! I'll send them back to you whenever you have to take your one hour. Do you know when they'll have yo do it yet?
Old 06-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #30
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DD#! I failed the 1 hour so badly they skipped the 3hr. I wished they had done it though because I spent the next 12 weeks poking myself 7 tiems a day to NEVER once be high or low...always perfect. I think it was because I had something sweet for breakfast.

With DD#2 I ate the right stuff for breakfast and passed my 1 hour. So I have no idea what the 3 hour is like and Hope I never do! Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine!

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote