Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone ever had a footling breech?

Have hope--I have a friend whose footling breech turned at 38 weeks after chiropractic care! Good luck!

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #12
jeepmom
Registered Users
seller

Wow, my OB did not tell me about the risk of cord prolapse. I ended up with a vaginal footling breech birth (c-section was scheduled for the next day) at 2 am after a 2-hour labour. I spent at least 10 weeks leading up to that with her feet jammed on top of my cervix (yeah, that was uncomfortable) and went to 39 weeks.
jeepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #13
cedricsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmom View Post
Wow, my OB did not tell me about the risk of cord prolapse. I ended up with a vaginal footling breech birth (c-section was scheduled for the next day) at 2 am after a 2-hour labour. I spent at least 10 weeks leading up to that with her feet jammed on top of my cervix (yeah, that was uncomfortable) and went to 39 weeks.
I was a bit surprised as well when I got the call, I think she is just really careful. I hear you on being uncomfortable, it depends what I am doing, today at the gym I could not walk, had to pee every 10 minutes, not fun at all. Oh well, just four more weeks!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #14
loving my family
Registered Users

Was not sure if you had or planned on another 1, you have got a lot going on, but if you make it to your scheduled c-section date I'm sure the baby will be just fine. My sisters ob said it is easier to get a hold of them & pull them out when they are feet first. lol!

When I had my first she was sunny side up I was in labor for 26 hrs & pushed for 4 more hrs it was awful my ob had a emergency c-section there was a car accident so I got another ob dr. from his office.(same dr as my sisters he is great!!) Needless to say they just let me go on with it so I wound up with 3 horrible tears from outside all the way inside 30 stitches in 1 tear, so in my oppion you lucked out get a c-section in that situation I could have died along with my dd.
loving my family is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #15
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurkeyp View Post
Did you read the bolded? She is already having a C-section but thanks for your anti-doctor rhetoric. It is getting tiring.
I really do think you need to go to the eye doctor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Afraid? Not necessarily, but do inform yourself of the risks and benefits. NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS, c-sections are not without risk and you should be informed of those risks. And please do read up and know what to expect. Doctors make it out to be all honkey dorey, but they are not. It is better and more convenient for THEM, but THEY don't have to take care of a newborn with a huge incision in their abdomen. It is a major abdominal surgery. It limits your birth choices for future children (it can be EXTREMELY difficult to find a provider that will do a VBAC), it puts you at increased risk during future pregnancies (placentas seem to like to attach near the scar, which makes it closer to the cervix, which obviously could be a major complication and put you into high risk category - among other things). These are all things my doctor did NOT tell me. Even if it won't change your decision, you have the right to be informed, and FULLY understand the decision you are making.

Also, in case you'd ever like a VBAC, it might be a good idea to request double-layered sutures on your uterus. Some studies say that is better. Some say it doesn't matter. But the way I see it, even if it doesn't help, it doesn't hurt. So if I could go back and make the choice, I'd have requested double layer because if it does help, I'd rather not miss out on that benefit.
please quote me where I ever told her NOT to have a csection? I simply encouraged her to fully understand the risks and benefits, both, because as someone that has been through a csection and was not fully informed, I resent that I wasn't informed.

Now, YOU can stop singling me out and attacking me. Because YOU are getting tiring.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #16
Kestlyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD#1 was a single footling breech (risks the doctors talked about were her getting stuck, esp at the head...which is how they had lost babies in the past and no longer risked it), but we only found out a couple of days before 39 weeks, so they rush scheduled me for a C section at the 39 week point. If you're close to the hospital it shouldn't be a problem to get there in time, as long as you're watching for active labor signs (and decreased movement, gushes of liquid, etc). They can always safely push a leg or two back in if they have to and still perform whatever is scheduled. I hope you make it to your original date! *Hugs*
Old 06-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #17
teachermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My oldest was a footling breech and she ended up being a scheduled c/s due to extremely low fluid...my ob and I were afraid to attempt a version due to that. I will say my recovery with her and my others has been fabulous. My husband is home with me for about the first week and then it's all me while he's working. With my last one I felt so great I went home in exactly 48 hours from her birth....I wanted to drive the next day, but waited a couple. I have never had an emergency c/s, but have heard from friends that the recovery and experience in general are much more difficult than a scheduled c/s if that helps. Good luck with your delivery and congratulations on the new baby!!
(O)….2, & Someone NEW….arriving May 2014!

Kindergarten Teaching Extraordinaire
teachermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #18
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was in your position. DS was footling breech from 20 weeks on. U/S at 38 weeks showed the same. A c section (my first delivery) was sceduled for 39 weeks as my dr said he would not do one sooner but to immediay go to the hospital if my water broke or any other labor signs presented. Well lucky me three days before my csection I went into labor. I was 5cm after only 2 hours of labor and about an hour after walking in the doors i was holding my baby and being wheeled to recovery. Baby was healthy i was fine, however since DS had his head so far up they had to cut me verticaly to get to him meaning mandatory csection for any following deliveries. I believe if you get to the hispital after any signs of labor they will take care of you. Just listen to your body!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #19
Jaci
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck mama! If your water breaks, check to make sure the cord didn't fall through your cervix into your vagina and head to the hospital immediately. If you do feel a cord, get upside down during the drive to the hospital, it will hopefully keep the weight of baby/fluid, etc off the cord.

apurkeyp, there is nothing wrong with encouraging someone to question their doctor. Sure, many doctors work for what is best for moms and babies, but the fact of the matter is that there are many doctors out there that follow their own agenda (be it avoiding lawsuits by cutting early or inducing/cutting to the benefit of their own schedule), regardless, not everyone realizes that they don't have to follow exactly what their doctor says, it is perfectly within the rights of the posters here to explain the risks of a c-section.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #20
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaci
Good luck mama! If your water breaks, check to make sure the cord didn't fall through your cervix into your vagina and head to the hospital immediately. If you do feel a cord, get upside down during the drive to the hospital, it will hopefully keep the weight of baby/fluid, etc off the cord.

apurkeyp, there is nothing wrong with encouraging someone to question their doctor. Sure, many doctors work for what is best for moms and babies, but the fact of the matter is that there are many doctors out there that follow their own agenda (be it avoiding lawsuits by cutting early or inducing/cutting to the benefit of their own schedule), regardless, not everyone realizes that they don't have to follow exactly what their doctor says, it is perfectly within the rights of the posters here to explain the risks of a c-section.
I respect your opinion but I hardly think that an OB is going to recommend a C-section for footling breech just because he wants to get to his golf game. She does not have any reason to list the risks of a C-section to the OP who clearly stated that she was having a repeat C-section.