Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

Vitamins/supplements for labor prep

I am already doing RRL pills 3 capsules/3 times a day, vitamin D (my midwives said it helps tone the uterus as well) and then of course PNV and iron supplements (due to very low iron). I am only 30 weeks now but I want to start one of the labor prep combos once I hit 34-35 weeks depending on which combo I choose and I was hoping to get some recs. I know there is the Nature's Sunshine 5W but also know there are a few others. Was hoping to get some recs.

Advertisement

Old 06-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vitamins/supplements for labor prep

I have read that vitamin C is also really good for the baby and for mama. (like, a lot of it!) I like to get vitamins from whole food sources, so I drink Bolthouse C-boost when I want a lot of vitamin C. It has C from acerola cherries, as opposed to added ascorbic acid or something like that.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is the absolute best I've ever come across! Dr Christopher's Birth Prep (to be used in the last 6 weeks of pregnancy).

Here are some more of my favorites!

Labor Blend Aromatherapy

Labor-Aide for during labor

HERE is some great info and recommendations on herbs that can help during both pregnancy and birth

And also you can look into Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil Capsules, and Red Raspberry Leaf
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!

Last edited by cinderella08; 06-07-2011 at 06:57 PM.
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I have read that vitamin C is also really good for the baby and for mama. (like, a lot of it!) I like to get vitamins from whole food sources, so I drink Bolthouse C-boost when I want a lot of vitamin C. It has C from acerola cherries, as opposed to added ascorbic acid or something like that.
Don't forget Vitamin K enriched foods! It can strengthen your waters, and also transfers to baby to help with clotting abilities
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I used 5W and EPO but am gonna look at those others! I did the EPO vag at around 36 weeks and orally early 30 weeks but cant remeber exactly. i had a super fast labor and started at a 6 when active labor started and lasted 3 hours. GL mama
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

oops, I completely forgot about EPO, I will start it orally in a few weeks then vaginally after 36 weeks. I don't know about anything to strengthen my bag of waters, I will be induced at 39 weeks if I don't go into labor before and my midwives are thinking I can possibly avoid pitocin by putting a leak in my bag of water and hopefully get labor started that way.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #7
EmilyAnn86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used Last Frontier Uterine Toner with my 2nd pregnancy. I didn't even know I was in labor until 30 minutes before he was born and had an easy, quick recovery. I also plan to have some Afterease on hand to take after the birth this time
Old 06-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #8
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella08 View Post
This is the absolute best I've ever come across! Dr Christopher's Birth Prep (to be used in the last 6 weeks of pregnancy).

This is absolutely the best I know of! It is amazing! You will get a lot of BHX but that is why it works so well so don't be alarmed. I didn't know about it with my first and wasn't dialated or ready at all to give birth by 42 wks. I took it with #2 and #3 and was already 5cm and very thin by the time labor started. It made a huge difference! I found it here on sale probably because it has the old labels still, now it's called birth prep (or maybe I have it backwards). Either way it's half the price of most other places. I don't know how long the sale will last. I'm thinking about going ahead and buying some now even though I won't need it for another 7wks

http://www.herbspro.com/39774/PreNatal.htm

I've also recently heard you can take it for 2wk PP to help shrink your uterus back quickly and get things back to normal. I'm gonna try that this time.

Last edited by badhayrday; 06-08-2011 at 08:46 AM.
badhayrday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
Don't forget Vitamin K enriched foods! It can strengthen your waters, and also transfers to baby to help with clotting abilities
aren't you supposed to be having a baby, like...now? lol.

Vitamin K is awesome. I'm going to get be some Green Pastures Butter Oil when I actually have money for...anything.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #10
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

EPO, RRL, Vit K, Vit C. I'd be careful using EPO this early though. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I had DS 2 days after taking it, almost 4 weeks from my EED, so he was pretty early and had really bad jaundice and problems nursing. Like I said - could be a coincidence, but I won't be taking it again until at least 38w.