Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2011, 06:14 AM   #1
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Gender Prediction

I am super anxious to find out what this baby is. My OB doesnt do ultrasound until 20 weeks. Im 9 weeks! Lol.
With DD I did the ring on a string test and the chinese gender chart and both said girl, thats what we had. I also had TONS of morning sickness. Nauseous 24/7.
With this baby I did the ring on a string test and chinese gender chart AND baking soda test and all said boy. I havent had as much morning sickness either. Just 3 weeks of it and really nothing serious.

Im curious- have you ever done all these gender predictions and had it be the right gender? I wouldnt believe it so much except that all the ones with DD said girl and she was and all these said boy. . . . It wasnt like I got boy on one test and girl on another. . .etc. The only test I havent done is the intelligender one and Im not paying $40 for it. Lol.
(And yes I realize that this is all just a bunch of crap and that there is no way to tell if its a boy until ultrasound. I just find it amusing that it was right with DD.

Advertisement

mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Gender Prediction

Everyone in my family swears by the ring test. It's been right for all of them (10+ women) including ones with more than one kid. It was right for my DD. I don't put much stock in this stuff but it has been right for a lot of people.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

explain the ring test.. I remember doing it with ds1, and it said boy but I wondered if there was a different way. We used my necklace chain with dh's wedding band. I am curious to see if this way works again, I don't remember trying it with dd or ds2.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everything pointed to my first baby being boy and that's what I had.

However, according to all the old wives' tales, ring test, and chinese gender chart, my daughter should be a boy, too Her pregnancy was identical to DS', so I was convinced she was a boy, too.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
malaynasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This Chinese gender chart was right for my first 3 children.. not sure if it's right for #4 yet

http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/PredictSex.htm
Old 06-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

The ring test we do is hold a ring on a chain over your hand. It will sway or spin (can't remember which is what gender) then stop and go again until it's done with all the kids. Mine says girl boy then stops completely so we'll see. My mom's said girl girl then stopped which was correct. My SIL told me today that it was wrong for her. She's the first I know IRL for it not to work. I'm not going to go buy clothes based on it or anything. One of my SIL's who swears this is correct for everyone is telling everyone she is having a boy because it says so :/. I think it's all a coincidence honestly
Old 06-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
explain the ring test.. I remember doing it with ds1, and it said boy but I wondered if there was a different way. We used my necklace chain with dh's wedding band. I am curious to see if this way works again, I don't remember trying it with dd or ds2.
You hold your wedding ring on a string and dangle it over your stomach. Dont move it! If it starts swaying back and forth like a pendulum its a boy and if it goes in circles its a girl.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:

Everything (ring test, chinese chart, etc) said girl for me, and we're having a boy. But, I'll let you know if he comes out and needs a pink outfit instead
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The ring test and chinese gender predictor chart was accurate for me. I'd never tried the baking soda test. Also, I had a boy and had some FIERCE morning sickness!