Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
3filles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why are Softbums so special?

I haven't had any problems with mine—they're one of my favorite diapers. Unlike some of the others I have, the laundry tabs still work (in some cases, after a year of use), we very rarely have leaks, and I do generally get more than one use out of the shell depending on what sort of pod I use. I use Omnis overnight, too, and they've been great.

Advertisement

3filles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We got some for dd and I am really liking them. They fit great and I love how they are adjustable without rise snaps. The covers stay just as clean for me as my thirsties covers, so I can use them multiple times. The fleece topped pods are nice. I wish they weren't so expensive though.
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #13
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think the thing that really sets them apart is the fact they really are one size! They fit DS at 5 1/2 PERFECTLY. We loved them as a newborn. I tried an Omni on him as I toddler though, and I wasn't a fan. It left red marks. Not horrible, but I just didn't love it enough to keep it.

ETA: I'm surprised people say they don't like the aplix on them. I'm a snap/snappi lover, and I found the aplix to be absolutely awesome! They never leaked for us either. I actually did really like them. If I had to choose an AI2 system softbums are what I would go for. I just prefer fitteds and prefolds.

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 06-12-2011 at 09:50 PM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #14
March
Registered Users
seller

Never had a leak, and I find them soooooo cheap. I love everything aboutthem--they've been everything that Flip wasn't for me. LOVE that no PUL touches skin. Love the toggle (deathtrap????? really?????!!). Love the color palette.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:55 AM   #15
mandmsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I could never afford to buy them new but I found some well loved shells and inserts for super cheap at a local consignment store so I snatched em up cause I always wanted to try them. I love, love, LOVE how trim they are and how super narrow in the crotch they are BUT we have had leaks with them a few times. The stay dry microfiber pods are not absorbent enough for my super soaker at all so I totally stopped using them. I got a few used bamboo pods off of FSOT to try and I like those much better. I have been able to reuse the shells probably about 50% of the time. They don't make up my entire stash so I'm not really concerned about having to wash the shells if they get dirty after 1 use.
I'm Andrea- Special Needs CDing, Extended Harnessing, Homeschooling, NON-circumcising, SAHM to my beautiful little red headed princess Mylee Memphis (02/19/08) and my extra special Autistic little man Maverick Machai (11/30/09) and wife to Dustin since 05/12/07. We love our M&M babies!!!
mandmsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #16
mandmsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
Never had a leak, and I find them soooooo cheap. I love everything aboutthem--they've been everything that Flip wasn't for me. LOVE that no PUL touches skin. Love the toggle (deathtrap????? really?????!!). Love the color palette.
(deathtrap????? really?????!!) <----------
I'm Andrea- Special Needs CDing, Extended Harnessing, Homeschooling, NON-circumcising, SAHM to my beautiful little red headed princess Mylee Memphis (02/19/08) and my extra special Autistic little man Maverick Machai (11/30/09) and wife to Dustin since 05/12/07. We love our M&M babies!!!
mandmsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:27 AM   #17
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandmsmommy

(deathtrap????? really?????!!) <----------
Yep really. I think it's a choking hazard.

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Via DS Forum.

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:00 AM   #18
Electro
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren420 View Post
I think they SUCK, they always leak....
I loved, loved loved the fit on my son. LOVED it. But they leaked like crazy! It didn't matter if I used bamboo, stay dry-- leaks. I made certain that they were not leaking through the PUL (some were, but softbums fixed them) and sold them. I was so sad because like I said, I have yet to find a better fitting or more comfortable looking diaper. But a diaper that leaks is worthless.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:36 AM   #19
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisolstice View Post
They were horrible for us, although I really like the toggle idea...wish there were some other good OS diapers without a snap-down rise...
I like bottom bumpers b/c the snaps are internal- so you don't have to see them.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:40 AM   #20
bing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't been using them for very long, but I absolutely love the Omni so far. Love the toggle rise adjustment-- SO much less bulky than the snap down rise. They're so soft and squishy and comfy looking. I've found them to be very absorbant too (I've only tried the dry touch pods). Don't love the price tag though....if they were more affordable they'd make up the majority of my stash for sure!