Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #51
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegBee
I love how soft and squishy they are. The bamboo pods are way absorbent but I also don't like how they seem hard when wet. Just shows how absorbent they are though. I find it weird that I actually loved softbums when my baby was a newborn using echos and bamboo mini pods. But now that he's almost 4 months (already ) I find them bulky and have leak issues sometimes. Oh and my son always gets red marks. We use flips now because they don't give him red marks. I don't reuse the covers either. I'm planning on selling my stash of echos but I'm worried I'll regret it. Like maybe they'll work better when he's older. I'm loving nanas bottoms best though. So I think I'll replace my stash with those. I'm holding on to my blue iced giraffes shell because it was his first cloth diaper and it's too cute. I'm also keeping one of his ocean shells that was made a couple years ago because it's made from like, a thinner fleece and it's much trimmer than all my other shells.
I feel the exact same way about them. I put them away when DS was about seven months because I LOVED them for the first few months as they fit better than anything else. I want to use them for our next baby so I set them aside. I do wonder if I should just sell them now and buy some later if I want to. Might be the better way to go, as I have plenty of diapers I like better now for DS. That being said, I still really love the bamboo pods for laying in covers or stuffing in pockets. They are my favorite inserts.

Advertisement

maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #52
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Why are Softbums so special?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymommy10 View Post
I feel the exact same way about them. I put them away when DS was about seven months because I LOVED them for the first few months as they fit better than anything else. I want to use them for our next baby so I set them aside. I do wonder if I should just sell them now and buy some later if I want to. Might be the better way to go, as I have plenty of diapers I like better now for DS. That being said, I still really love the bamboo pods for laying in covers or stuffing in pockets. They are my favorite inserts.

Same here!!! They are perfect in the Alva S series pocket diaper. I got rid of all my MF inserts and use hemp and bamboo instead. I've thought of adding snaps to the bamboo pods to use in fitteds too...
Old 09-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #53
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

we are really liking softbums right now. i'm surprised at some of the hostility toward them. i'm not a fan of the pods that you have to fold over. it gets too complicated for others. i'm actually really digging the best bottom insert in them and added a lower snap so i could snap them in.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #54
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by el's mama View Post
Same here!!! They are perfect in the Alva S series pocket diaper. I got rid of all my MF inserts and use hemp and bamboo instead. I've thought of adding snaps to the bamboo pods to use in fitteds too...
I was actually wondering about that... the snap is in the front on those diapers, right? So do you just stuff them without snapping? I was thinking of using the SB pods in the S series when I get them.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #55
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

what's alva s series?
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #56
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnmyboys
what's alva s series?
They are the style like the Go Green Champ. They are available now on ebay and a co-op at bargaingirls.com.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #57
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I loved the bamboo pods - soooo soft and absorbent. Hated the shells, both echo and omni. Both sagged horribly no matter what I did to adjust and both left red marks. Wanted to love them!

Sent from my DROIDX using DS Forum