Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2006, 06:33 AM   #1
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I don't think I can do this again.

I have been "sucking it up" the last month or so about this ttc thing.. A friend of mine that just started TTC'ing got a ++ and I just realized I'm going to be going through infertility again for years.. I can't stand feeling like this.. Why it is so hard for some people to get pregnant? And for others, its just like walking outside? I know we just started TTC in March or so, but still..

I guess I'm being stupid seeing that my youngest isnt a year old yet, but it was just that we was pregnant together before, and I was looking forward to us being pregnant again and she has beat me.. I just don't think I can go through another 3 1/2 years of monthly charting, tests, dr visits, emotions.. Each month thinking "Oh wow this could be it, I am having symptoms" then boom, another negitive test.. It's like a slap in the face.

Anyways, I had to vent.. I'm sitting here balling and a friend on msn is trying to help, it just hit me out of no where this morning.

Advertisement

Old 06-07-2006, 06:46 AM   #2
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:
Re: I don't think I can do this again.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #3
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I hope you get your BFP really fast this time!!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:11 AM   #4
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I didn't struggle with infertility, but I kind of know what you're going through as far as your friend getting pregnant. My best friend and I were pregnant with our second children at the same time (they were born 4 days apart) and when she got pregnant again, everyone knew we wanted a third, also. But we weren't going to TTC until a few months later. Every freakin' month, someone would have to ask if I was pregnant yet! It was awful.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:20 AM   #5
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:30 AM   #6
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

My friend and I were pregnant together every single time we were pregnant...with due dates within 4 wks of each other. Even the miscarried pregnancies we went through together. Our first children are 4 wks apart and our 2nd children are 3 wks apart. I desperately wanted another but dh got a vas and we're not in a good place relationship-wise anyway. She got pg again and is about 24 wks now...and it's really depressing. I mean, I'm really really happy for her...and there's no way I'll be pg...but it's still sad knowing that we've gone through every other pregnancy together and have basically the same desires regarding children...and now she's going through another one..when I WANT to be going through it with her..

Anyway (((HUGS))) I'm sorry.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #7
fouradss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BIG HUGS!!!

I went through two years and two m/c before getting & staying pregnant. In the mean time I had two friends conceive. And one of my dh friends got a girl he had been dating for 3mo pregnant. This was just weeks after I m/c'ed. That was a real slap in the face. Once we decided to just quit trying and see if it would happen it did in two months. Goodluck Momma!!!!! Sending preggo

Last edited by fouradss; 06-07-2006 at 10:45 AM.
fouradss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #8
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2bemommy
I guess I'm being stupid seeing that my youngest isnt a year old yet
Are you BF? My DD is a month older than yours, and I haven't gotten my first PPAF yet.. and I'm not pregnant either, not that we're really trying.. but it *is* frustrating... especially on forums like this where we see a lot of "whoops, I'm expecting" stories.. I wonder why it can't happen to me! LOL!
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #9
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry you're going through this mama! It took us 3 yrs and 3 m/c to get our son (now 2yr3mo) and a little less than 2 yrs of not trying/not preventing to get our daughter (I'm now 18 wks pg). My perspective on the whole deal is that we tried/charted planned for my son till we were blue in the face and for a while it took the joy out of life for us... but given that and all the misscarriges we had to go through I wouldn't change any of it! He was totally worth all of the work/ effort!! I'm sure that you feel that way about your DC now. You don't want to be going through it, but the end product is totally worth the pain of getting there. Cling to that! My best friend and her DH tried for 10 years (IVF, clomid, everything) but they never lost hope and thier son is 2 months younger than mine and she feels the same way about it that I do. Just breathe and keep your eye on the prize! And remember this is supposed to be the fun part!!
deejahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:41 PM   #10
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know how you feel i really do! We have been TTC now for 3 years and it just seems so hopeless. In the group of friends i have here locally we all have kids born in August and Spetmeber of 2002. Since then they have all had another child if not 2. IT kills me because im always the last to find out because they dont want to hurt me. If they just told me then it wouldnt ba nearly as bad. But it still hurts, that will never go away.
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote