Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #11
welovetherain
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Online shopping in Alaska & Hawaii - shall we make a Sticky or dedicated thread?

I hear people like ordering from Costco.

Advertisement

welovetherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:19 AM   #12
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've lived here my whole life old navy gymboree crazy 8 gap all ship cheap/free

Shipping out or in 13 ounce or less first class is best 13 ounce or more fit it in a flat rate box.

Amazon ships pretty reasonably I have the upgraded membership for free shipping and you can buy from target through there but you can't do any of the auto subscribe stuff

Like previous poster mentioned everyone will ship here for a price

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:21 AM   #13
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Produce natural foods organic wolf lake wellness is awesome located in the valley but the drop in anch I think full circle farms is another to google there are farmers markets regularly .... Fred Meyer will order cases and discount them for you

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
sparkly_vagabond
Registered Users
seller

Re: Online shopping in Alaska & Hawaii - shall we make a Sticky or dedicated thread?

I actually think Fred Meyer is fantastic. We are on our way back to the bush. It's the only way to get milk, cheese, fresh-ish eggs, and half frozen produce. Getting produce shipped has never gone well for us so we have learned to use lots of purees in food. My best suggestion is to get a family member to ship you items. We moved through USPS and have family sending us the health foods we can't get anywhere else through USPS as well.
I will so miss Starbucks though.

Last edited by sparkly_vagabond; 09-29-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling error
sparkly_vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #15
an_aurora
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBooty
I've lived here my whole life old navy gymboree crazy 8 gap all ship cheap/free

Shipping out or in 13 ounce or less first class is best 13 ounce or more fit it in a flat rate box.

Amazon ships pretty reasonably I have the upgraded membership for free shipping and you can buy from target through there but you can't do any of the auto subscribe stuff

Like previous poster mentioned everyone will ship here for a price
Ok how on earth do you get Prime to ship for free?!? I have Amazon Prime and don't get the free shipping unless its an item that has super saver shipping.

Lots if baby stores won't ship even for extra fees..,like diapers.com etc won't ship at all.

We had Full Circle Farms but had a box of rotten stuff so we quit. We are starting with the Glacier Valley soon.

Last edited by an_aurora; 07-07-2011 at 05:52 PM.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #16
ittybittycoconuts
Registered Users
seller

Yes please share the prime secret!!! I'm in HI and can do sub save for free shipping but I still have to spend $25 to get free shipping here.
ittybittycoconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #17
THE NOW FAMILY
Registered Users
seller

WE DO! WE Soooo know your frustration! We currently offer many cloth diaper options, natural skin care & are rapidly growing our store that supplies sustainable Family goods (: Because we KNOW how you feel, We offer FREE shipping to Hawaii & SOME items even ship FREE to ALASKA!

pm me if you'd like to check us out...I'm not sure that I'm allowed to post our link here (;
THE NOW FAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #18
mamak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It takes lots of looking to find a good shipping price. I order my carseats way in advance and when we or family/friends come for a visit they bring it on the plane (free shipping). You can see if there is an Azure Standard buying group there. Just call Azure. You can get a great deal on food. Co-ops are also a good way to get stuff.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #19
sparkly_vagabond
Registered Users
seller

IDK if someone has mentioned it but Amazon's Free Super Saver Shipping is amazing! We bought a 15 lb bag of brown rice, 6 things of juice, canned fruit and veggies, oatmeal, and more all for free shipping. You don't have to have a special account or anything just search for what you want and on the side bar to the left click on the Free Super Saver Shipping option and it will bring up everything that will ship free. We saved about $160 and have enough dry goods for a few months! Awesome
Old 10-30-2011, 11:00 PM   #20
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:

I get stuff from Amazon too, but not much. I really wish we had an Ikea here. Or that they shipped for cheap
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote