Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
My first I was induced 4 days before my due date. I wasn't dilated or effaced. I was in labor for 28 hours. Not so much fun... It was really hard. They used cytotec and pitocin.

My 2nd I was induced a week overdue. And I was dilated to a 3.5 and having mild regular contractions when we started. I got 1 cytotec pill and 8 hours later I had a baby. No pain meds the 2nd time, I did with my first. I think I was close to going on my own already with my 2nd so I think it just pushed me over the edge...

Hopefully it will go smoothly for you because your body has already done this before. I wanted to avoid pitocin the 2nd time! That crap was hard core! And I really loved standing up. Laying in the bed was god awful for me.

A&M'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: Tell me about your induction!

Stalking this thread to see how you're doing...
Thia, semi-crunchy wife to G (2005) and mama to Ashur (9/2006) and Julian (3/2010-birth story). Bfing, Dr. Bob vaxing, sling wearing, extended rear facing

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I hope your induction went well! I had a horrible experience with DS1 that ended in a c-section therefore we (doctor and me) will not even think of pit for me this go around. DS2 will either come on his own or I can choose another c-section around 41wks. Trying for a VBAC though!
Katie - WOHM to two boys and wife to a third boy.
Expecting our third child at the end of October!
Lovinmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

My first induction was horrible, horrible, horrible and ended with a c-section.

My second induction was amazing and ended in a VBAC.
Hi, I'm Amber. Wife to an amazing man
Mama to
Ava {12.20.08}, Levi {8.19.10},and Aspen {7.11.13}.
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #15
b bright
Registered Users
I'm not sure if mine counts as an induction but with my first daughter i started labor naturally but wasnt progressing so they gave me pitocin. It wasn't to bad....I started pit dilated at a 1 and it took me 12 hrs to get to a 10. so it wasn't the worst ever.....but my sisters and sisters in law all had (real) inductions and ALL ended up in sections...i am the only girl in my family this generation that had a vaginal delivery...I seriously am starting to think its because I was not really induced....
Brittni ~ wife to Harlan, Mommy to Avy (5) , Zayden (2) & Riley (2) & Roman (July 31, 2012)
b bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #16
My Mood:

My first was an induction and I said I'd never have another baby if I had to be induced. lol 21 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing. My second, I went on my own, 5 hours from when my water broke to holding the baby. My third was an induction after my water broke on its own. It was 7 hours from when they started the pit to when ds was born. Not as bad as my first, but not as easy as my 2nd.
Mama to DD May 2005; DS July 2006; DS November 2007; DS March 2010
I have custom mama cloth, just ask! I also have custom girl/doll matching dresses and nightgown sets.
Sewing4Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:

I was induced 10 days early, they started me on pitocin right away, and it was horrible, I gave in to the epidural because the contractions were so bad right away no build up, I almost had to have a csection but things calmed down. I wish they had just broken my water first and seen if that started labor, I will ask for that if I have to be induced this time. Hope your induction went well.
*Jazz* Mommy to Axel 5/7/09 and Samara 2/9/12 Gage 11/7/13and navy wife to Stephen(future PNP )Now blogging for The Good Life Green check it out:
cjslater1 is offline   Reply With Quote