Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
Registered Users
Proud to CD

Today I jsut got back from the peds (we had a little va jj problem to check out) anyways i was so proud b/c my ped commented on how happy she was to have a mom that cloth diapers her daughter !!! Now that is a shocker b/c I dont think most peds say taht. Her little va jj is very raw due to some issues with her labia being fused and we have been putting this hormone cream on it (which made me soo nervous) but she has been getting irritated from urine dripping down behind the membrane, anyways its really really sore. She pulls at herslef and says "owie" its sooo sad to see her say taht So she was ahppy to see her in Cloth she said, its a comfort thing at the least. Imean how bad would ti hurt to have a chapped whoo-ha and then put a paper pad on it for a few weeks no breaks!! I rmember after I had the baby and had stiches and a cloth pad I was MISERABLE!! I'm doing cloth next time too!

mom to DD 3/3/05
Due with baby girl #2 2/26/08
widdlelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
My Mood:
Re: Proud to CD

That is so awesome! I had to call the docs office to speak with a nurse about my ds's sore on the tip of his pee pee (inserts had too much build up and soap and the wrong soap to boot and it irratated him everytime he peed) and needed advice as I had just switched to cd 1-1 1/2 weeks prior. She was totally supportive of the cd'ing and said that using a sposie would be no better with a sore like that. I figured out the prob and started trying different methods of stripping the inserts and only boiling them over and over worked.

I was so expecting the nurse to say "why did you switch so late in his life? and the cd's are probably what is causing the problem and you need to switch back to sposies". She didn't and I couldn't have been happier!

So sorry she has an owie on her privates! My dd fell and hurt herself "there" when she was 3 and her privates are just as sensitive as a boys privates are! It breaks our hearts when they have owies let alone one down there! (((HUGS))) to you and your dd!
Alyssa ~ Ebay FB ~ Old DS FB

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
Registered Users

Yay for your pediatrician for knowing enough to be impressed with the cloth!

I hope your daughter feels better soon. We went through the labial adhesions with Catie, but were lucky that they were mild enough for lanolin to take care of it.
Jennifer, Mom to 2 Great Girls
EmmalinesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:15 PM   #4
Registered Users

That is very cool to get a nod from the Ped.

Mine was really impressed at how far cd's have come since his kids were in cloth.
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #5

when i first brought up cd'ing to our ped when ds was about 1 month (came in bc he had a yeast infection) he was like no dont cd its not good for them and so on. it really sucked bc he was great doc and is so supportive of bfing that i couldnt understand why he didnt like cd'ing (i didnt even ask why) so a month later we were back and i had gone ahead and ds was cd'd. well the ped noticed adn was quite impressed, he didnt even realize that cd'ing had come so far from the pins and vinyl pants. well come to find out it was the vinyl pants he was against bc he said that back in the day babies had a lot of rashes bc of them and they keep the wetness in, a great breeding ground for bacteria!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote