Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #21
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7arrows4God
Yes, they are debt free and not because of the show. They were having number 15 before the show even found them, and debt free. So really since they starting the main part of their show they have only had 4 more and trust me with a family of 15 before the show even came along, that adding 4 more to their family has not added to their cost that they were sustaining before on their own. I wish people would realize that. The show is not why they can afford their children.

Now yes, there are extra things they have been able to do since the show that they would not have done before but I feel that is an award and blessing towards them. They were faithful with little for many years of their life and 15 children and now they are blessed with more. In it they are still frugal and giving much of it away to missions and even helping advance and quicken many other families adoptions. I do not know many people who if given money from a show that would actually give as much of it away as they do. They are a service people. Yes, they have enjoyed some extra perchs but again it is well deserved as many years and with #15 on the way they had none of this. They have really only had 4 more children since the show. So that is not why they have children.

And she does have lots of morning sickness and such, but she just believes that it is a blessing to bring forth the child, and worth some suffering she may have to endure.

It is funny as a people we seem a need to put people down, just to justify our own thoughts and such. Why can't we just love. And live examples.

Pregnancies can have challenges, but again the award is so amazing, and worth it. Each little image, is so unique and love really does grow and multiply and really life is short and soon the fertility years are over. So I know I try and actually do embrace pregancy and do enjoy it.

Okay, I know long post, but so saddened by all the judgement on the Duggar's and that they do the show only to pay for having the children. Wow, not sure how people can not figure out simple math and realize they were having #15 before the show even came along, so their beliefs and supporting their large family was set way before the show, way before. Now they are just enjoying some of the benefits from being faithful with little(materialistic wise) for many years and being content to have only what they had money for. Which meant they lived in the 1400-1600 foot home untill #15 was born. Most of us would have just taken out a loan to finish the house and get in a bigger house. They did not. Yes, in the end they got some help for finishing the house they started years before. But really not that much in comparison to what they put in it year by year patiently.

okay off my box, now.

Let's just love.
I agree with this so much. I glad i'm not the only one that feels this way.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using DS Forum

Advertisement

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #22
CDNMommyofmany
Registered Users
Formerly: CDN Mama of 4_08
seller
seller

Re: Michelle Dugger must have easy pregnancies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7arrows4God View Post
Yes, they are debt free and not because of the show. They were having number 15 before the show even found them, and debt free. So really since they starting the main part of their show they have only had 4 more and trust me with a family of 15 before the show even came along, that adding 4 more to their family has not added to their cost that they were sustaining before on their own. I wish people would realize that. The show is not why they can afford their children.

Now yes, there are extra things they have been able to do since the show that they would not have done before but I feel that is an award and blessing towards them. They were faithful with little for many years of their life and 15 children and now they are blessed with more. In it they are still frugal and giving much of it away to missions and even helping advance and quicken many other families adoptions. I do not know many people who if given money from a show that would actually give as much of it away as they do. They are a service people. Yes, they have enjoyed some extra perchs but again it is well deserved as many years and with #15 on the way they had none of this. They have really only had 4 more children since the show. So that is not why they have children.

And she does have lots of morning sickness and such, but she just believes that it is a blessing to bring forth the child, and worth some suffering she may have to endure.

It is funny as a people we seem a need to put people down, just to justify our own thoughts and such. Why can't we just love. And live examples.

Pregnancies can have challenges, but again the award is so amazing, and worth it. Each little image, is so unique and love really does grow and multiply and really life is short and soon the fertility years are over. So I know I try and actually do embrace pregancy and do enjoy it.

Okay, I know long post, but so saddened by all the judgement on the Duggar's and that they do the show only to pay for having the children. Wow, not sure how people can not figure out simple math and realize they were having #15 before the show even came along, so their beliefs and supporting their large family was set way before the show, way before. Now they are just enjoying some of the benefits from being faithful with little(materialistic wise) for many years and being content to have only what they had money for. Which meant they lived in the 1400-1600 foot home untill #15 was born. Most of us would have just taken out a loan to finish the house and get in a bigger house. They did not. Yes, in the end they got some help for finishing the house they started years before. But really not that much in comparison to what they put in it year by year patiently.

okay off my box, now.

Let's just love.

Sickness is not fun in pregnancy, or many other of life's mountains, but it does form our character and we can not assume that someones has it easy just because they have so many children.
I absolutely agree with everything you've said; I have such a ton of respect and admoration for this family, and would love to meet Michelle one day. I've never seen another family on tv that has so much love and respect for eachother and is so committed to eachother. Michelle and Jim Bob have done such an incredible job raising these children!!!
Proud Stay-at-home-mama to 6 (including 4 preemies 29-35 weeks); who enjoys reading, homeschooling/unschooling and trying to make everyday as stress-free as possible for my 2 precious sons with Autism
CDNMommyofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #23
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNMommyofmany

I absolutely agree with everything you've said; I have such a ton of respect and admoration for this family, and would love to meet Michelle one day. I've never seen another family on tv that has so much love and respect for eachother and is so committed to eachother. Michelle and Jim Bob have done such an incredible job raising these children!!!
Amen!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #24
Sewing4Girls
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I think its just a good case of amnesia.
FWIW, I felt miserable with my first...or so I thought! It wasn't till my third that I really experienced a truly hard pregnancy- Gestational Diabetes, Pubic Symphis Dysfunction, Preterm Labor, morning sickness so bad and so long that I lost 23lbs, then a preterm baby who spent 3 weeks in the NICU on a respirator b/c his lungs were not developed as well as they should have been due to the GD, and to top it off, I still couldn't walk for 2 weeks after his birth as I waited for the hormones to settle and get the relaxin out of my system so the cartiledge tear would heal. Oh and I had a 15 month old and 29 month old to care for when the baby was born. I really haven't forgotten that yet. Its faded, I have had another pregnancy and it was easy, but I'm still nervous about having another one.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #25
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

*hugs mamas!*

And now I started leaking today. Milk that is... LOL!
My husband was like "well you know we're going for a 3rd right?"
And I said "Thats what YOU think!" LOL

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #26
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittee View Post
They were debt free before TLC. So I wouldn't "go there" with that argument. They don't live off the TV show and they don't have government assistance. They have been and are very frugal and smart when it comes to finances.

Just putting that out there. "
This

We are on #4 and it was a really rough first 15weeks....REALLY rough. I thought a lot about how she had done it so many times and thought to myself if I can just make it through this one I might have to be done. I say that but DH and I know that we would love more if God allows but wow sometimes it's rough. I don't have anything major like GD, etc. but I definitely have EVERY common/normal ailment possible. Morning sickness(which has passed now thankfully), sciatica, restless leg syndrome, itchy skin, all sorts of aches and pains, insomnia, MOODINESS (if Michelle Dugger was this moody I bet they wouldn't have so many)....the list goes on and on. But like pp have said it could be worse and I'm VERY thankful to have the opportunity to go through all of this misery a fourth time.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #27
doodah
Registered Users
seller

well with quiverful, they have the belief that children are from God so having a bad experience would not be a reason to not try again. and there is also the belief that one should be thankful for everything in life, good or bad, so she probably wouldn't feel comfortable complaining about it even if she did have something to complain about.

All that said, some women do very well with pregnancies. I am not one of them but I will say that my third was the easiest, the second was the hardest.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #28
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7arrows4God View Post

okay off my box, now.

Let's just love.

Sickness is not fun in pregnancy, or many other of life's mountains, but it does form our character and we can not assume that someones has it easy just because they have so many children.
Amen. She also believes that illness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy which is the rule I try to follow. I have horrible pregnancies nausea, bleeding, headaches, the gammit, but it drives me insane to see all the thread of people complaining about pregnancy woes. I am forever greatful that I have no trouble conceiving and carrying a child and as rough as pregnancy is there is an amazing outcome most times.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #29
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This is my second and I am quite happy to be done after this!!!

I am a wimp and the sickness is what gets me. I was in tears when it started this time around...

I could not imagine going through pregnancy 19 times!! Not to mention I had PPD with DD and I am terrified of having it with this one...!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #30
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't know but I've had an awful pregnancy & I've kept a nice journal of it on my blog. I don't ever intend on getting pregnant again. No pregnancy amnesia for me...this is just not a good way for me to be!

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote