Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
So incredibly frustrated! (long, sorry)

I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and it seems like #3 could join us any day now. I've had regular contractions, and I just don't feel "right" if that makes any sense. I don't know if I'm dilated or effaced, but will be getting checked on Wednesday - I preferred not to get checked at all until labor, but these contractions have freaked me out.

Anyway, we barring any pre-term labor, we have anywhere from 2-7 weeks before #3 is due to join us. And we are NOT ready! We have all the baby stuff we need... but it's still in the attic (except for the diapers and clothes). I need DH to get up there and get it all down, and he just hasn't had time. I'd do it myself, but the attic ladder is really steep and my balance is awful nowadays. We still need to buy DS2 a Radian... that's the only way we'll be able to fit three car seats in the back of our Kia Sorento. DH keeps putting that off, saying we'll do it "eventually." What does that mean?! I want it done now, so I can go ahead and put #3's seat in there. We still need to move DS1 and DS2 into the same room, but can't do that until we put new flooring down in DS1's bedroom... until we do that, I can't put any of #3's clothes/diapers/etc in the nursery (the nursery is DS2's room right now), so it's all just sitting in laundry baskets in my room (which is driving me nuts!). #3 will be sleeping in our room, but I would at least like to have his things put up, KWIM?

I'm just so frustrated... I feel like I've done everything I can to get ready for this baby, and DH keeps putting everything off. I really feel like #3 will arrive early, and DH is acting like we still have months to go. I wish I could hire a second husband to help me get through this nesting phase!

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: So incredibly frustrated! (long, sorry)

Hugs. I know sometimes it is just hard when you just want things in their place, just so you do not have to think about it anymore. Thinking is draining work. :O)
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Hope your LO stays put for a little while.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! It felt better to vent, LOL. I feel bad for venting to DH, because I know he's busy... I just wish he would make getting all this stuff done a priority, you know? I'm already a little scared of the idea of having three kids... I would feel better if my house was at least in order .
Old 06-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

MEN! they just do not get it

BtW read my post in the car seat forum about a good price on a radian
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Tell him why you are in a hurry! Men are so thick headed sometimes! Tell him you think lo is in a hurry 2 get here and may be here in the next few weeks. And you need to get it done for your sanity. Maybe he will listen.
And listen to your nesting! With dd1 I was 30 weeks pg and having major nesting, running around cleaning. I had a huge scene yelling at dh b/c he was playing video games and not helping me. Then I had my dd at 31 weeks. Dh was like "now I know why you were so upset". hopefully you can make it a few more weeks so you will be term.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
goatgeek
Registered Users

My Mood:
I hope he hears you or at least gets so e of the bigger stuff started so you can get on with your nesting.when I was pg with dd2 i kept telling him ya gotta ,ya gotta and he wasn't hearing me at all or at least wasn't picking up on my urgency to put things in place to calm myself.I threw such a fit and kicked in the bedroom door one night,not only did he hear me but I broke my water lol we had the baby and he promptly left after to run home and do everything that needed to be done lol now he knows what nesting means and heeds my warnings lol
goatgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #9
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatgeek View Post
I hope he hears you or at least gets so e of the bigger stuff started so you can get on with your nesting.when I was pg with dd2 i kept telling him ya gotta ,ya gotta and he wasn't hearing me at all or at least wasn't picking up on my urgency to put things in place to calm myself.I threw such a fit and kicked in the bedroom door one night,not only did he hear me but I broke my water lol we had the baby and he promptly left after to run home and do everything that needed to be done lol now he knows what nesting means and heeds my warnings lol

OP, I'm all for calm communication but if DH isn't "getting it" then maybe it's time for a pregnant lady freak out...KWIM? Sometimes guys I think get so used to tuning us out that and just hearing part of what we say that they can't tell the difference between normal "nagging"(sorry for lack of a better word) and urgent nagging like this baby is coming soon and you better get off your hump and help me get the house ready!!! Good luck mama. I hope LO stays put a few more weeks and DH gets his booty in gear
Old 06-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05 View Post
MEN! they just do not get it

BtW read my post in the car seat forum about a good price on a radian
Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaGirl7 View Post
Tell him why you are in a hurry! Men are so thick headed sometimes! Tell him you think lo is in a hurry 2 get here and may be here in the next few weeks. And you need to get it done for your sanity. Maybe he will listen.
And listen to your nesting! With dd1 I was 30 weeks pg and having major nesting, running around cleaning. I had a huge scene yelling at dh b/c he was playing video games and not helping me. Then I had my dd at 31 weeks. Dh was like "now I know why you were so upset". hopefully you can make it a few more weeks so you will be term.
I've heard that this kind of frantic nesting can mean impending labor. I hope it doesn't in my case, but I'm going to show your post to DH. Maybe that will light a fire under his booty. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatgeek View Post
I could totally see me throwing a fit like that right now. I'm miserable, and tired of stuff not getting done. I'm showing DH this post, too!

It's nice to know I'm not just being the nagging wife!