Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #1
jayell79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question am I the only one who doesn't like OS dipes?

Granted I don't really prefer snapping diapers to begin with, but I can't stand all the snaps on the OS things. Who wants to deal with rows & rows of snaps? I'm always miss snapping the wrong ones together. Plus it adds to the bulk & they are hard & scratchy on the outside. The money saving aspect of it is just not worth it to me. Am I alone on this? They seem to have gotten really popular.

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
amgermain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: am I the only one who doesn't like OS dipes?

I love my OS dipes. The reason we started CD'ing was to save money, and those seemed the most cost-effective to me. Plus I needed something easy that my DH and daycare would agree to, which is why we use the OS pockets.

Mommy to Addi (8/13/08) and Abby (11/17/10)
amgermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:09 AM   #3
annagirl900
Registered Users

My Mood:

I totally understand--and if money wasn't an issue, I would only do sized diapers!

Old vs. BumGenius Elemental Comparison
annagirl900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #4
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I certainly think different things work for different people. I like the trimness of sized diapers but haven't ever found one with the right fit and sufficient absorbency for my DS. We love our OS dipes though. I agree that they're bulky but I've never found them to be hard on the outside at all? What do you use? Our Blueberry Coveralls are a OS cover and the PUL is thicker/stiffer than any other covers but that doesn't bother me. None of our pockets seem stiff to me at all; we use BG 4.0s, Blueberry and Swaddlebees Simplex.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:
I find them too small in the rise to last until potty training. My 20 month old is just about out of hers and she is much smaller than average height wise. I prefer sized for that reason and i make my own pockets so super thrifty. All 3 have worn the same sized homade nappies.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #6
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ive gone to OS dipes many times, but I just cant find a love for them. I LOVE the fit of a sized diaper. It might cost more, but the fit/trimness as well as the reliability (I find a diaper that fits right works MUCH better with retaining messes) is worth it to me. Now that Ive learned to sew diapers, I will definitely have an all sized stash for the next LO-from newborn through XL.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #7
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

I loved my OS BG's...until my two year old outgrew them (birth to PL? yeah, I don't think so!) She's a teeny tiny thing, and still is not bigger than their weight limit but the rise is crazy short. Switched to perfect size FB's and CB's for now. I think if we have another I would still use the OS for awhile, I just won't expect them to last as long as I did!
craigwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #8
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I absolutely HATE most OS diapers!! You are not alone at all. I am only going with sized diapers from now on.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #9
mcrisp78
Registered Users
seller

I do not used OS diapers either. As far as cost goes you can sell one size to fund another. My dd is six months and still in small itti bittis...so sized is working very well for us
Old 01-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #10
minneapolisite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think I'd like 20 rows of snaps either. I like my SoftBums One-Size diapers though. In general, I think I would prefer sized diapers...but our house is tiny, storage space is SO limited, and I don't really like how much time it takes to sell used diapers online. One-sized diapers take up a lot less storage space.
At-home mom of DAK (Oct 2011) and #2 (Oct 2014)
minneapolisite is offline   Reply With Quote