Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We are going to Disney in a few months. #3 will turn 1 when we're there, #2 is only in diapers at night so he may be out of them by then but I'm not counting on it.

We are doing cloth. No other options. So how am I supposed to rinse the semi solid poop out of #3s diapers? Do you think I could hook up a sprayer to the sink or tub faucet? We are going to be there for 9 days so waiting to wash isn't really an option.

Have you done something similar? Any tips? What do you recommend?

Advertisement

Last edited by jojoreta; 07-01-2013 at 10:13 AM.
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Will you have any access to a washing machine?
I would go with flats and covers. It's single layer but very absorbent and easy to clean.
You could give them a wash every night in the tub or sink and hang them today while y'all are gone.
I think I would personally use disposables being gone that long. It takes up much less luggage space and I would t have to worry about diaper laundry while on vacation.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yep, there are washing machines available. Sposies aren't an option for us. I use mostly prefolds and covers but I do have about 30 flats I am bringing for easy washing. I'm mostly worried about the poop lol.
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoreta
Yep, there are washing machines available. Sposies aren't an option for us. I use mostly prefolds and covers but I do have about 30 flats I am bringing for easy washing. I'm mostly worried about the poop lol.
I would just use the flats then. You can just plop the poop and deal with it in the evenings. Maybe rinse them in a sink you won't be using so you dont have to worry about cleaning that sink every single night.
Have you used liners before? You can use cut up fleece or disposable liners if you prefer. The poop kinda rolls off of the fleece, and if its super gross they are cheap nigh to just throw away.
I bought mine off the clearance rack at Joann's, it was about $5 and I made about 30 or so liners.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Diapers & Disney World

I vote for fleece liners and throwing them away for really yucky poops.
I never had a diaper spray and I never needed one. I plopped and was done. Sometimes I did need an extra prerinse.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
mrsRichardson
Registered Users

We live by disneyland and when we go for daytrips we do cloth just fine. You can use the bio-soakers too and just throw away. They work great!! Hope you fine a great solution!
mrsRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd get disposable liners.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

I'd do flushable liners mama!
threekstrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #9
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would do liners. If your child's skin is too sensitive for the disposable rice paper kind, just go to walmart or a fabric store and buy the cheapest, ugliest thin fleece and cut it into strips to fit inside the diaper.

I used to do this when DS had a rash and i needed to use diaper rash cream or yeast medication. I could usually find fleece at walmart for around $3 a yard and that made a TON of liners and I didnt feel bad about throwing them away! Probably still cheaper than disposable linerts too AND it wicks the moisture away from the baby's skin

Have fun!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #10
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

They have baby care stations in the magic kingdom that have diaper sprayers! We are planning to go this spring with 6 month old and plan to shake out what we can and at the end of the day visit this area to give them a thorough rinse until we wash at the laundry.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote