Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2015, 04:09 PM   #1
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lint and junk in tabs

Please tell me that this isn't happening to only me!? My pocket diapers get a lint and ick build up inside the tabs. I have to take a tweezers and pull it out.

Anyway to stop this?

ETA - You guys are talking about in the velcro, I am talking inside the actual tab, like if you were to turn the diaper inside out, up where the snaps are but on the inner parts.

In the inner of the pocket, up by the tabs. I can feel it when I am stuffing and folding. I pull it out with tweezers. I hate it! Super gross.

Advertisement

Last edited by whitneywalters; 05-27-2015 at 08:47 PM.
whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:32 PM   #2
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lint and junk in tabs

Yes, it can get really gross. Besides hoping they stay closed I also comb the junk out with a snappi.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:41 PM   #3
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

More and more, I am ready to just sell them all off and use just aios.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:54 PM   #4
special.k.marie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anything with Velcro has this tendency. It isn't fun having to clean it out, but Velcro is the only closure that works for some people. Snaps don't always get a good fit (too loose or too tight) when your child is between settings.
I don't use pockets, but we do have a mixture of snaps and Velcro on our AIOs and covers. I make sure to clean the Velcro with a fine tooth comb when it starts to get less sticky; my daughter has figured out how to undo it when it isn't tight.

Looking for new earrings? Visit my etsy shop and use code DIAPERSWAPPERS20 for 20% off!
SPARKLY STRANDS
special.k.marie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah it happens. I recommend the snappi trick as well or maybe a baby comb. Easier than tweasers.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #6
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You guys are talking about in the velcro, I am talking inside the actual tab, like if you were to turn the diaper inside out.

In the inner of the pocket, up by the tabs. I can feel it when I am stuffing and folding. I pull it out with tweezers. I hate it! Super gross.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #7
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You guys are talking about in the velcro, I am talking inside the actual tab, like if you were to turn the diaper inside out.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:23 PM   #8
cjdetweiler
Registered Users
seller

Yes!! I bought some used bg pockets that needed some repairs. I had to clean out all that gunk when I flipped it inside out to replace the landing strip. It was gross especially knowing it was hair and lint from another home. 😕
cjdetweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #9
special.k.marie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneywalters View Post

Oh yes, I've noticed that too.. It is easier to remove it if you turn the pocket inside out. But if you are getting your diapers clean it isn't really gross.. Is it?

Looking for new earrings? Visit my etsy shop and use code DIAPERSWAPPERS20 for 20% off!
SPARKLY STRANDS
special.k.marie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:48 PM   #10
kjealysci
Registered Users
seller

Yes this happens. I've even had poo get in there. It's a pain to get out because of the snaps but it doesn't happen very often.
kjealysci is online now   Reply With Quote