Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2016, 06:28 PM   #1
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Meos run small?

I these run small? My youngest 15 mo this old is I the last waist snaps. And it's pinching his thighs pretty tight. Is there a trick or are these just not going to work for us?

Advertisement

greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
Featherhead
Registered Users

Re: Meos run small?

Picture? My two year old still has them done up on the tightest snaps, but she is small.
Featherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:20 PM   #3
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Up until a couple weeks ago my 29 pounder was still wearing them with a bit of growing room. Maybe it's a build issue?
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:09 PM   #4
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

He is chunkier than my oldest but only 40% for his age. I'll take a pic next time I put it on him.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #5
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

I have been using them with my 18 month old, 21 lb dd. She is around 40% for weight but has a real short rise. I still have to fold down the rise for her as it us too big in that dimension. I feel I can get a good fit by almost folding in / cupping the crotch area as I bring it up to snap the waist. If the leg casings flare outward, I do not get the best fit.
Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:34 AM   #6
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshebby
I have been using them with my 18 month old, 21 lb dd. She is around 40% for weight but has a real short rise. I still have to fold down the rise for her as it us too big in that dimension. I feel I can get a good fit by almost folding in / cupping the crotch area as I bring it up to snap the waist. If the leg casings flare outward, I do not get the best fit.
I always tuck leg edges into the groin area. Just habit. The issue I'm having is the waist. It's just not wide enough. And the legs are pinching him where the two parts come together at the top of his thigh. I only have one in rotation right now as half my diapers are mislabel in a box somewhere in the den :/
Old 02-12-2016, 06:45 AM   #7
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greysmama View Post
I always tuck leg edges into the groin area. Just habit. The issue I'm having is the waist. It's just not wide enough. And the legs are pinching him where the two parts come together at the top of his thigh. I only have one in rotation right now as half my diapers are mislabel in a box somewhere in the den :/

Hmmm,
I had a rough time with the waist until I tucked the legs, snap a pic for sure next time it comes around! I'll take a closer look at dd at next change also. Is there any way to fold down the rise to get under that baby belly? My girls have always done the wide then tall growth spurts and during the wide stages, things are a tight squeeze =).
Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:05 AM   #8
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller

I have always wondered how these fit chunky babies until 30+ pounds. My 26 lb tall and skinny girl is on the last waist snaps (has been since about 18 pounds) but the waist is getting really tight now. In short, I know what you mean!

I think I have heard of some mamas only fastening one snap
NEkalmia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:45 PM   #9
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

The diaper doesn't go up to his belly it's resting on his hips but he has a lot more in the tush than ds1 did.

I could just snap a single snap instead of both but I hate the idea of an exposed snap against my baby.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:00 AM   #10
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can fasten one snap on side onlybut i unsnap the insert and shift it slightly so that the snap is covered... It only works on one side unless you use something under the other snap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk