Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
crunch!910
Registered Users

hyperemesis

If you had it with your first (or any) pregnancy, did it get worse with your subsequent pregnancies? If not worse, did you have it again? Did you have it will all your pregnancies, or just some?

I'm curious. Still wondering if I'm crazy enough to chance going through that again!!!

Advertisement

Old 07-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: hyperemesis

I didnt have it for my first, but had it with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and now 7.

Each time it lasted longer, and was more violent in the beginning. ;(

I am 19 weeks now and although it is much more manageable, I am still nauseous almost all day long. I only throw up once a week now though.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Had it with all mine. This is why I do not want to be pregnant again m. I'm getting too old to deal with this.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I threw up every single day(38w3d) with DD, even on Zofran, which I did not start until 16wks with her. This time, I got Zofran right at 6wks and while I was nauseous pretty much constantly, I threw up much less and was able to cut the Zofran to every few days by 27wks. However, I am so not chancing it again, so two is it for us!
Old 07-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had hyperemesis with my first baby. I was violently ill for basically the entire time. I think some of it was made worse by the vicous cycle of dehydration. When I got pregnant with #2 I was SOOOO scared because our DD was only 9 mo. No AF in between. It was much more managable. By #4 I realized that even if I was gagging down the water it would help. It became a family project to help Mama drink water. DH bought me a water cooler and the kids rode me like seabiscuit Much better! Only one trip to the hospital for IV. When my Dr. told me that I might have to get an NG tube I started chugging.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have had hG with all 3 pregnancies. My 2nd was by far the worst. I was sick a minimum of 5-7 times a day until the day I delivered (41 weeks 3 days). The first 20 weeks though I was sick many many more times than that, even on zofran and a phenergan combo. I'm pregnant with my 3rd right now and it has by far been the best as far as the hG goes. I was actually sick much less but also couldn't get out of bed because when I did it got much worse. My 1st was somewhere in between, it was pretty bad but at the same time more manageable because I didn't work and didn't have any other kids to take care of.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had it will my first 3 pregnancies, all day, every day, for 9 months... this time it has been SO.MUCH.BETTER!! The only real change I made was taking 100mg of B6 twice a day. Both the MW and OB think this is what truly made a difference. I remember being told in my previous pregnancies to take it, but I couldn't keep down a prenatal, so how I was I going to keep that down. I wasn't sick right off, so I started the day after I found out I was pregnant and it has worked. I have still had nausea and occasional vomiting, but NOTHING compared to the other 3 pregnancies. And the zofran actually worked to take away the nausea, where it didn't in the other pregnancies.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #8
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I personally feel that HG is somehow related to a vitamin deficiency that makes the mom hyper sensitive to pregnancy hormones. I have also read that a recent study showed that women who experienced severe MS were found to have the same bacteria in their stomach that often causes ulcers, and powerful probiotics were recommended to help with that problem.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #9
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm petrified about this. I wasn't diagnosed with hG, nor do I think I had it, but I had something similar. From 6weeks - 9 weeks about 1-2 hours after waking I would get insane cramps and severe nausea and dry heaving. I wouldhave thrown up, had there been anything in my stomach at 8-9am. It was bad enough I was taken out of work. Thought I was miscarrying (imagine calling your mother when this happened the first time and she tells you "stay calm, you're probably having a miscarriage." thanks mom). It was seriously an excrucating 3-4 weeks, enough to make me questino having more kids. But then it went away and all was good :-)

Until DS turned 1. Since then (he's now 22 months and we're TTC#2) I've been battling extreme nausea. Bad enough that I take Zofran at least 3-4 days aweek and Phenergan at least 1-2 nights a week. I've wound up in the ER twicein the last 2 months for it. Possibly hormonal- I see def. correlations with my cycle. So when I get pregnant it could either go away completely or couuld get a million times worse. I'm scared, to say the least. But at least then the nausea will be for a good reason, instead of an unknown one!

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #10
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have had it with all 4 of my pregnancies. Unlike others though, my pregnancies have gotten easier. My last pregnancy was still bad in the first trimester but became much more manageable after that. I was sick with all 4 until delivery though. We totally want more kids, its a small price to pay for what we get in the end.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote