Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #211
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone actually LIKE being a WOHM?

I long to be a sahm, but I am a single mom. I started working part time after my mat leave ended. I hate being away from my daughter. My mom stayed home with my sister and I and I feel like I had the perfect childhood. I feel like I'm depriving my child.

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #212
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Double post

Last edited by Huxley; 04-29-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #213
ChaoticDreams33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love working out of the home, I would go absolutely crazy staying home! Plus, I make more $ than my husband and get the benefits, so living on just his salary is NOT fun.
ChaoticDreams33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #214
FilipinaMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have done both. I really liked being a SAHM because I had a routine down with the kids and was there to teach them many things. I feel like I was more frazzled as a SAHM especially since I watched other people's kids too. I LOVED being able to spend time with my LO. After my DS was born, I had to go back to work. I hated going back because of the thought of not being there for him like I was with DD. I felt like my mood was a lot better WOH. If I could choose, I'd work part-time a few hours a week so that my mood would be a lot better with the kids.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #215
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't really hate being a WOHM mom, but I wish I could spend more time at home with my kids. DS has aspergers and if I didn't have to work, I could homeschool him and he could have total one-on-one schooling and I feel like he'd do much better. I wish I could go on all the kids' field trips and school parties and such that I can't always do because of work.
I enjoy my job and the people I work with (I'm a dental assistant). My boss is nearing retirement (hoping he hangs in there at least another 5 years as I really have it good where I'm at...great boss and staff and it's been a blessing working there the last 5 years) I'm thinking about looking into trying to get a job within the school system when he retires. I don't know if it would be possible, but it would be nice to at least be off when my kids are off from school.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #216
litigatrix
Registered Users
seller

I think I would go a little nuts being a SAHM. I like having a career. But, to each her own.
litigatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #217
greenasgrass
Registered Users

I like it. I like supporting myself 100% and not relying on anyone else. The things I own are truly MINE that I have earned. I have 'me time' and I have time with my child - an equal balance. I've done the SAHM thing, and I felt too unfulfilled. I enjoy having a career.
greenasgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #218
AppleMama81
Registered Users

My Mood:
I battle this question at least every 6 months, but I'm a soldier who often leaves home for training, deployments etc, and I'm gone for months at a time.

I'm currently entering a new degree program for school counseling, so my ultimate goal would be to work out of the home during regular school hours and have the afternoons and summers off with my kids, if I could get lucky and land my "dream job."
Old 07-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #219
weissone
Registered Users
seller

I like my job and enjoy having a career. I do miss my children while at work and wish i saw them more. However, on my maternity leaves, I got a taste of how difficult it is to be a SAHM. I don't think either scenario is perfect. In a perfect world, I'd work part time but we cannot afford that right now
weissone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #220
sewparis
Registered Users

I love my job! I teach children with Autism. I started as a part time behavior therapist when I was still in college.
After my son was born and I returned to work (8weeks later), I immediately felt guilty and missed him soooo much. I kept thinking "I'm spending all day taking care of other people's kids! I just want to take care of my kid!"
I kept going because I'm blessed to have the Summers off with my little one. Slowly I realized that other mom's are counting on me to be the voice for their children every day when they can't be there. I really do love my job and I love making a difference. I gladly take advantage of all the time I have with my little angel at home, but I wouldn't want to quit my job. I love working and being a mommy
sewparis is offline   Reply With Quote