View Poll Results: Bucket or convertable for a newborn
Bucket infant seat 79 60.77%
Convertable 42 32.31%
Undecided 9 6.92%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
TaraB
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Are you planning on using a bucket or convertable?

we will use a infant carrier until max weight height are hit then do convertible. This is a cheaper option for us. DS#1 possibly might move to a booster at the point of DS#2 growing out of the infant carrier. maybe who knows. There will be a point we will no longer carry the seat though. Just gets too heavy

Advertisement

Tara~Married to my wonderful DH and mama to my DS#1 4 years old and DS#2 2 years old
TaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are using a bucket, a Graco Safeseat 1(now the Snugride 35) to be precise. I love it so, so much. My super tall DD got 13mths out of it. I like to be able to get baby ready before leaving the house.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #13
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

NAK

I decided to skip the bucket this time and am glad i did. I went with a radian 80 and keep a cotton gauze wrap with me for toting her around. much better than lugging that stupid heavy carseat plus baby gets lots of cuddle time
Here is a picture of her in it when we came home from the hospital. She weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces at discharge and was 19 inches long.

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #14
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Due in Dec and will be using a bucket most definitely. At least for a good 3-4 months then we'll switch. It's easier to cover baby up in the car seat and keep them warm. After a few months when it's warming up I'll use a wrap to carry baby most of the time.
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #15
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

In most states it would actually be illegal for your DS to move to a booster at that time. I'm in MI and the law is 4 AND 40 pounds to be in a booster. So you may want to look into it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraB View Post
we will use a infant carrier until max weight height are hit then do convertible. This is a cheaper option for us. DS#1 possibly might move to a booster at the point of DS#2 growing out of the infant carrier. maybe who knows. There will be a point we will no longer carry the seat though. Just gets too heavy
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #16
mgl
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are using a convertible. The true fit that dd was using. We moved her from the bucket at about a month old, and she was a january baby. It is just easier for me to wear the newbie. Plus this way we bought ds a hbb and passed the seats we had down to the next kiddo. I figure it will be easier this time, a summer baby, and my others will be 7, 6, & 3 instead of 3 & 2.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #17
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a barely used bucket from DS that he out grew pretty quick so I'll start with that. We'll see how quick this babe needs a convertible and whether or not DS will fit in a high back booster at that time or not.
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
The plan is to use our convertable unless SIL feels comfortable loaning us hers. YDS was only in his for a few months. I may change my mind since we will be in Ohio this winter.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #19
Best Green Things
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This was an easy choice for us - Convertible 100%! I think if you plan to wear your baby, convertible is the way to go. If not, you will probably want a bucket.

We had one infant seat for travel on an airplane, hated it. So heavy and bulky. And a wrap or sling will keep baby much warmer than a carseat because they will be right next to you. My babies loved being worn and always slept well when we were out an about because it's like they were being held the whole time- Plus, hands free!

Boutique Service. Warehouse Prices. Best Green Things.
The best diapers, baby carriers, bags and other essentials! Now selling pre-loved diapers too.
http://www.facebook.com/bestgreenthings
Best Green Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #20
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wear my baby tons, but I say bucket. There are very few convertibles that actually safely fit newborns, buckets offer a better fit. Check out the ladies in the car seat forum ( under paretning) they have so much info and are so helpful!